What's new

🥇 BANNER Holy bucket List Find!

recondigger

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2012
Messages
1,233
Reaction score
902
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't posted in a long time but today is a day to post!. Went to a great new place to do some recon and boy did it pay off!. I didn't record it got crap pictures but sorry I was having a holy crap attack. Thought I had popped out a 1/2 reale so that always nice. Then I clicked the dirt hat off it and just about passed out. 1794 flowing hair half dime baby! Oh yea. IMG_20200626_164525.webpIMG_20200626_140112.webpIMG_20200626_140112.webpIMG_20200626_164458.webp
IMG_20200626_210125_1.webp
IMG_20200626_210156.webp
 
Last edited by a moderator:
WOW Congrats what a find!!!!
 
I'll have some better pics up soon had to dig fence post holes I put off to go detectoring. I cleaned it good with some 000 steel wool it looks much better!

Wow Recon, that's what I always do too. Then I follow it up with my dremel tool with that itty bitty little metal bit and clean up around the profile until I see fresh silver come out and maybe around the dates too. Lightly scrapping out that nasty tarnish always looks good.

Nice piece of history there. Grats.
 
A bucket list for sure. I have only seen one other posted in the forum since I dug mine back in 2011. Congratulation on a great find and welcome to the flowing hair club!

FYI, the 1794 Flowing Hair Half Dime was actually minted in 1795.

Here's mine:
View attachment 1845209View attachment 1845210

Neil, please see your 12/5: Chapter is finally closed!: 1795 Flowing Hair Half Dime! SOLD! thread as I have a question that would be off topic here about the coin, I know it's gone. That's not the question.
Thx
 
Yeah it would only really be so if I kick the can and family needs to sell it it's easier.

You could always buy your own dime slab on ebay and write a nice little detailed note about the day on the slab... That way you could pop it out any time you wanted to handle it. Once you send it out for certification, that's it, you can't hold it in hand anymore. Megalodon is right on...
 
2020Triple A is great, but triple B is even better - big, beautiful, bust! That coin is awesome. Seeing it come out of the ground must have been quite a sight. Congrats.
 
That would truly be a find of a lifetime for me!!! :notworthy:
 
I think there are very few people who wouldn't crap their pants after making that find. So cool. Well done!
 
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
 
I am really, really, Jealous !!!!! What a great find. I am still waiting for my 1700 Silver US coin. I am glad these coins are being found and shared with the people on this site. I can't say enough about you sharing your find with the people here. Your find is a dream of every coin collector who detects.

Once again .... super find !!!!!!
 
Super-sweet find!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny
 
really loving this find!!! i want one!!!

vp
 
Keep digging ! I want a gold coin!
 
Outstanding!!!!!! Congrats!!!!
 
That is the Holy Grail !!! how amazing, a beautiful coin that will take your breath away. Congrads on you historic find! It will last a life time
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom