banjonyc
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Sep 13, 2012
- Messages
- 84
- Reaction score
- 33
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Brooklyn NY
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT Pro, White Beach Hunter ID 300, minelab Excalibur II
- #1
Thread Owner
So I have read the threads on here about flying with the detector, and there seems to be three styles. Carry on the expensive electronics/coil and pack the rest in checked bags, carry the whole thing on (broken down), or check it all.
Despite hearing no problems, every time I look at my minelab excal electronics, I cant help but think.."man this looks like a damn explosive device".
Has anyone "recently" flown and can they tell me about their experience. I am going to the caribbean and really want to bring my detector but just feel im gonna get hassled by the tsa.
Despite hearing no problems, every time I look at my minelab excal electronics, I cant help but think.."man this looks like a damn explosive device".
Has anyone "recently" flown and can they tell me about their experience. I am going to the caribbean and really want to bring my detector but just feel im gonna get hassled by the tsa.


You should be OK with it just don't remark yours is better than TSAs, they get the testy look when you want to have a little fun with it







