What's new

Folks, Managed a Victory nickel today....

bill from lachine

Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
22,648
Reaction score
88,976
Golden Thread
0
Location
Quebec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Detected a nearby park which goes back to 1900 it's loaded with trash but if you're patient you can pull out a few decent finds.

Managed a 1943 victory nickel.....note to self try not to slash the better finds next time....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Regards + HH

Bill
 

Attachments

  • DSC00942 (565x557).webp
    DSC00942 (565x557).webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC00943 (619x640).webp
    DSC00943 (619x640).webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 22
That's a nickel I haven't found yet. I have two fish scales and beavers but not that one yet. Nice. Congrats. With all the Canadian I find I should have one already.

That looks like an old scratch to me. Are you sure you did it?
 
ScubaDetector,

You're probably right but I did manage a couple of dings on the front rim though....actually I thought it was a funny comment to remind the newbies even us old timers still manage to mess up our finds from time to time....:laughing7:

Regards + HH

Bill


That's a nickel I haven't found yet. I have two fish scales and beavers but not that one yet. Nice. Congrats. With all the Canadian I find I should have one already.

That looks like an old scratch to me. Are you sure you did it?
 
Folks,

Those dots along the outer ring is actually morse code...don't quite remember what it said.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Congrats on that Victory Nickel.
 
Cool find
Give me a synopsis behind the Victory nickel.
WW II didn't end until 1945??
 
Nice! Congrats!

I haven't seen one of those before.

Bill we have all scratched something.
 
A goody there Uncle!
Congrats.
 
ATW,

It was to put a positive spin on the war effort to keep up morale both with the troops and the folks back home....I seem to recall they were issued between 1942 + 1945.

Regards + HH

Bill


Cool find
Give me a synopsis behind the Victory nickel.
WW II didn't end until 1945??
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom