What's new

Folks, When you least expect it gold and silver....

bill from lachine

Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
22,648
Reaction score
88,976
Golden Thread
0
Location
Quebec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks, When you least expect it gold and silver sort of...lol.......

Folks,

I did a sidewalk strip yesterday adjacent to an old park and today decided to go back and regrid the same area for the finds I missed.

Managed a bit of loot for the coffee jar and then about half way down the strip near the sidewalk found the silver ring and within a foot or so the gold ring popped up both ladies sizes so could have been lost by the same person.

After cleaning the gold ring it turns out it's stamped EP ie; electro plated dang fooled again....this hobby can drive you nuts at times but at least got a good nitro moment for my efforts.

Regards + HH

Bill
 

Attachments

  • DSC00964 (640x307).webp
    DSC00964 (640x307).webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC00965 (536x389).webp
    DSC00965 (536x389).webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Upvote 50
Awesome double-ringer ! Congrats Bill, they're both very nice, and that men's band is a biggie! Ddf
 
Bill, Is it just me or does that gold look like is has acne?

Congrats on a good hunt
 
Gents,

Not to steer you wrong but I changed my original post turns out the gold ring is electro plated dang....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
SD,

No your eyes are ok it turns out it electro plated....I got fooled.

Regards + HH

Bill

I have been fooled before also. I think I have a fantastic gold and read AVON inside or HGE. Sometimes in clay the plate doesn't come off as fast as it does in muck or sand. I need a magnifying glass or a person with better eyes to tell me my great find is junk! You got silver and a bunch of clad. That works!
 
Hey, it's better than gold colored foil or screw caps.... I hate those things. Often times it's the closest to gold I get for the hunt. :tongue3:

Good on you for going back a second time.
 
Nice finds, congratulations!

The two rings are still a nice surprise! :occasion14:
 
Awesome finds on the double ringie dingie! I agree with your hypothesis, lost by the same person at the same time. I have found a few ring spills also! (As long as there are not finger bones in the rings!) Sub 8-)
 
I find lots of those gold filled rings ehhh but for a couple seconds that feeling of excitement Good job!!!
 
Folks,

The frustrating part is one of my favorite rings came out of this park....a two toned 18k gold ring with snake motif...since then this site has been teasing me...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill
 

Attachments

  • snake ring.webp
    snake ring.webp
    2.5 KB · Views: 435
Oh well, at least you found 2 rings.
 
Yes, That Gold can show up just about anywhere" I also found a small gold the other day with little diamonds and no tarnish and knew for sure it was gold.....Didn't pass the test at home :( Should be a law"
 
Nice job! You gotta love those side walks and curb areas!
 
Ya thats why i just throw it all in the goodie pouch & look at it when i get home and can "see" what i found.
....if i ever run into a person while i'm detecting that says he makes that fake jewelry that is marked 14K....uh hmmm....only one of us maybe "leaving". :D
 
MSbeepdeep,

Lady with an attitude....I love it....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom