What's new

Following the duck

D&R

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
I believe I found a Spanish Duck monument, if it is how do I follow it. I show it from the right front angle and the left front angle. From the right you can see just the beak and eyes. From the left it appears that it has a left wing pointing left.
I have other monuments within a quarter mile, one of them also points left.
I could also just be seeing things.
Dave
20250426_122226.webp
20250426_121742.webp
 
First off, where are you located? If you are in an area associated with the Spanish presence you're still in the game. Second, I have to say that none of the rocks in that picture look like they have been altered by humans. If they were I would expect to see smoother surfaces, flaked areas, etc instead of consistent gouging. If you get up on those rocks can you see anything that shows indications of being worked by human hands?
 
I appreciate your feedback, thanks!!!
I am in the South Central Rocky Mountains. The pic I posted does have chisel marks under the wing, I will take better pics when the weather clears in the spring. I stood on the rock in front of the "monument", it is easy to see the shaping of the beak and eyes. Also within a 400 foot circle are six monuments, three are just alignment monuments.
 
20260317_121624.webp

Traveled back to the duck site yesterday, this was on top of the duck rock, the duck eyes and beak point to a skull and pointer rock. The left wings points to another monument that I am struggling to understand.
 
View attachment 2247915
Traveled back to the duck site yesterday, this was on top of the duck rock, the duck eyes and beak point to a skull and pointer rock. The left wings points to another monument that I am struggling to understand.
If you look at the top set of rocks on the right, you have to pointer rocks in sequence pointing up and to the left. On the shelf at the bottom, that is a pointer rock pointing to your left coming at you.
 
I believe I found a Spanish Duck monument, if it is how do I follow it. I show it from the right front angle and the left front angle. From the right you can see just the beak and eyes. From the left it appears that it has a left wing pointing left.
I have other monuments within a quarter mile, one of them also points left.
I could also just be seeing things.
DaveView attachment 2245535View attachment 2245534
In the bottom picture the is a pointer going up and to the left. That is as about in your face as you can get. The top rock in the same picture is a head pointing to the right. See the eye, and the ear.

In the top picture you have a great picture of a head looking to the right. Bottom of the head almost makes it look like it has a long mouth grinning. You can also see the indentation for the eye and the ear.

If you look at rocks as rocks, all you will see is rocks. You have to develop the imagination of the engineers who are trying to point you a certain direction and give it meaning.
 
Thank you for the reply. In the bottom pic the directional pointers are identical to the duck head pointing to two monuments and the wing pointing to another.
 
Same compass readings.
 
Some great pictures :) GOOD LUCK!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom