What's new

For anyone interested in the progress of the cleaning of that "V " nickel ...

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For anyone interested in the progress of the cleaning of that "V " nickel ...

that I found yesterday, here's the latest pic.

The coin has been soaking in olive oil since yesterday; it's coming along slowly ...hope to get all the crusting removed without any electrolysis.

Thanks for looking again

Lorraine
 
Upvote 0
Re: For anyone interested in the progress of the cleaning of that "V " nickel ...

Thank you for that information, Ivan ; much appreciated

Lorraine
 
Re: For anyone interested in the progress of the cleaning of that "V " nickel ...

This coin is looking not so good.. :o

Although I can now make out #9 star ( I think) , what is troublesome is all that darkened area...I can't figure out if it is removable or if it has eaten away the nickel surface. :dontknow:

In my hand it appears to be a tar-like crusting , but in the pic it looks as if it has eroded the metal. :icon_scratch:

Also there is much copper showing :(

Thanks for looking again

Any input on the condition of this coin at present, and suggestions as to futher course of action would be greatly appreciated. :hello:

Lorraine :o
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom