What's new

✅ SOLVED For you aviation experts. What plane is this?

oldbattleaxe

Sr. Member
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
449
Reaction score
340
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Technetics
This interior emblem was in a WW2 paratrooper pack. I have my thoughts, but I am not sure. Measurements are 2 1/8" from nose to tail and 1 1/8" from wing tip to tip. Thank you in advance. Bill
 

Attachments

  • ghost 130.webp
    ghost 130.webp
    88.7 KB · Views: 140
  • ghost 131.webp
    ghost 131.webp
    111.4 KB · Views: 106
Maybe a c47 skytrain the jump aircraft of choice for ww2
 
Upvote 0
A-26 Invader. Or maybe just a fantasy aircraft... :dontknow:

ScandinavianA26Banking.webp
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I think it is mostly "artistic license"

Though it has an A-26 look about it. Shoulder wing & squared off empennage.
 
Upvote 0
Being a jet would rule out most guesses. I first thought a B57. Very rare and I've only seen one.
I think Terry is right because the wings are different on the two planes.
 
Upvote 0
I don't see the jet engines. DC3 ---- C47.
 
Upvote 0
I was looking at the Marauder but I do not see the extra cockpit or gunner position in the back of the badge. I was thinking C-47. After closely looking at the A-26 (B-26) Marauder, I think that is what it is. Thanks to this forum. I had no doubt I would find my answer here. Lots of great opinions here.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom