For you Cali boys!

Ha ha..."we used to suck now we blow". No it's just word play, yes they are pushing air into the system but this in turn is going to produce suction. The hopper is a unique idea but I would think that they would consider your compressor motorized, your sucking material, it is dancing a fine line and not one I would dance on.

If you are going to play in a gray area like that you may as well just drag out a 5" dredge and give it hell.

My humble opinion.

Last edited:
From my understanding of the Cali (ban) this would fall outside of the suction ban. Your not sucking gravel, your using high pressure water to blow material into another high pressure water stream and blowing it to (processing system) The video sequence can be found:
https://www.youtube.com/user/new49ersvideo

IF I lived in Cali I would be all over this. I'm sure they have had this all checked out with their legal team before they posted it to make sure it was legal under the moratorium.

Simply blow into a simple sluicebox tethered to the bottom with 4 -5lb weights ,1 at each end-nuttn' to it with practice. KISS works as convalution from one to another to another not so much. Have a ball as the fines are not your only worry. Friend who dumped this forum did it for years for poundages just as I have and the straight gravity sucker works just fine in many places..Many ways and silence is golden..John

Last edited:
All they will do now is say there will be no sucking or blowing on any hoses.
Put it in writing and its law. Although I like it.
It looks way easier and simpler than a suction dredge.
This could be done with a HF pump and motor combo and an inner tube.

Last edited:
"Loophole" is a term used by the anit-nuts to create a public perception of unregulated, illegal activity. Certainly shouldn't be used in this situation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back