What's new

✅ SOLVED ? for you experts, & guessers

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,954
Reaction score
76,427
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture 016.webpPicture 023.webpPicture 023.webpPicture 018.webpPicture 019.webpPicture 021.webpPicture 022.webpPicture 023.webp
 

Attachments

  • Picture 017.webp
    Picture 017.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Jeff,I'll expertly guess,by the knurl it was in rubber or plastic,as to what the actual use was:dontknow: God Bless Chris
 
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok here goes my guess. It looks like an old sewing bobbie to wind the thread around.
 
Upvote 0
is it wood, metal, rubber?

Looks like a handlebar grip on a bike.
 
Upvote 0
First thought is a ferrule from a cane or walking stick.....not sure about the hole in it though. :icon_scratch:

my guess as well, the hole looks added
 
Upvote 0
the small hole looks like a break. I'm thinking there was possibly a bubble shape there ?

Length is slightly tapered also.

end with the small hole is wider then the end with the large hole,
sort of like a Canon shape.

possible made of copper
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It looks like the piece on a Colemen lantern that you tighten down on the top. Is it threaded on the inside?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It looks like the piece on a Colemen lantern that you tighten down on the top. Is it treaded on the inside?


Ah YES Threaded

Any chance you can find a Pic, so I can confirm ?
 
Upvote 0
:thumbsup: understood :thumbsup:

Thanks ! it appears to be a bit primitive like it was hand made, but I guess this could be due to damage.
 
Upvote 0
The cross hatching on it is what made me think it might be threaded, so you can grip it and turn it with your fingers. They also used things like these on table lamps to tighten down the lamp shade. Your's could be off of something totally different though:dontknow:

Charlie
 
Upvote 0
Yea, If I can figure out how :tongue3: I'm going to mark it solved & Consider it a Cap/finial of some type .

Thanks all who responded !
jeff
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom