Fort Christmas (2nd Seminole War Florida)

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Does anyone know of any archaeological work done in the vicinity of where the actual Fort was (not the reproduction at a park further South) ??

I am 99% sure I found the EXACT location as well as a good portion of their path to it.

I just can't find ANYTHING on any work done there by a College or State Historical groups etc. Any info on that aspect would be greatly appreciated!

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been to the museum at the park and it was interesting but no info available on the actual site. It's supposed to be about a mile from the park. Who's land is it, State or private?

OP
OP
E

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
It is on private land. Yeah, the reproduction wasn't to scale and is actually smaller than the actual Fort would have been. Nice Newnan btw! One of these days I will post my 3,500 BCE Hillsboroughs on here, MINT and still can't believe I found TWO side by side within 5 mins of each other.

As for Fort Christmas, many of the locals of the area have turned in artifacts they have found through the years, but outside of just locals and "amateur" collectors, I can't find anything either on a "professional" attempt to locate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread