What's new

Found 12 inches under beach wet sand

gee_mg

Full Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2012
Messages
155
Reaction score
240
Golden Thread
0
Location
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image-3567197840.webp

Found this ring and wondering if anybody knows if it has any real value? Inside is stamped 925 and next to that there is a dollar sign surrounded by a circle. Not sure what the big stone is. Several smaller stones on it too with some missing.
 
Upvote 0
Jason, that video did the ring justice!!!! It is actually starting to look silver. I will post pictures once completely done!!!

Glad to hear it's cleaning it. When silver has been oxidizing for a long time, it won't come back to a polished look. It will look like a soft, matt finish. You can buy some 2000 grit sandpaper and wet sand it back to a much more polished look if that is important to you.
 
image-951128155.webp

Cleaned up! lol one of the smaller stones fell out. Oh well still a really kewl find! Weighs 3.6 grams
 
The iphone camera does not do it justice!
 
@ Jason....i know, right? I had no idea the beach would produce as much as it has! even if most of the other rings are just "costume" jewelry, it sure is satisfaction knowing it is not a hair pin or pull tab!
 
Ending my comments here until next find!!! Thank you all for the comments and for the great tips. I learn something new each time i find something. Happy hunting!
 
Pretty silver ring. Pink stone looks like pink sapphire (a man made stone) surrounded by CZ's or perhaps diamond chips. Congrats on the find!

HH,
Anita
 
@ lay385:::::: i bought a book specifically written for the whites dual field and set it up "super tuned"according to the author which is giving very good results. Im really surprised at how deep it is going! Maybe i am just very lucky?

What is the book called?
 
Barrell said:
What is the book called?

The book is titled "the white's surfmaster P.I. Dual field: "an advanced guide" by clive james clynick prestige publications, 2010
 
I once found a .925 DY ring with a big yellow citrine stone surrounded by 26 paved diamonds. Turned out to be a David Yurman ring, valued at $900. So sometimes silver rings have diamonds.
 
The book is titled "the white's surfmaster P.I. Dual field: "an advanced guide" by clive james clynick prestige publications, 2010
So its worth the $19. Im already digging way to deep using the factory settings. This morning I dug 28 inches to find some old chicken bones wrapped up in tinfoil.
 
Barrell said:
So its worth the $19. Im already digging way to deep using the factory settings. This morning I dug 28 inches to find some old chicken bones wrapped up in tinfoil.

no, i can help you! I will give you the information on settings from the book once i get off from work. Not sure if it is illegal to take a picture from the book and give it to you or not?
 
So its worth the $19. Im already digging way to deep using the factory settings. This morning I dug 28 inches to find some old chicken bones wrapped up in tinfoil.
I hope you reburied the bones and said some anti curse prayer. You may need to go do a bunch of good deeds to offset this possible curse you contracted.:laughing7:
 
Hey Jason,

I couldn't get a good look at that extra piece at the end of the video when you had the ring, the medal, and the chain laid out, but that little piece you showed briefly in your hand might be the bail for the medal that attached it to the chain, yes? Instead of another chain? Don't want to be a buzzkill, and you should definitely follow your instincts and hunt that hole to your heart's content, but the thought occurred to me so I thought I'd throw it out there.

You're video was really nice. You have a nice way about you.
 
They are very much for sure putting real diamonds in silver now a days. Since the price of gold has sky rocketed, they are using silver more and more, plus tungsten. Pretty in pink! Good finds! I like.

Good to keep in mind, things have changed but my mind hasn't:icon_scratch:

Thanks for the updated outlook!
 
Hey Jason,

I couldn't get a good look at that extra piece at the end of the video when you had the ring, the medal, and the chain laid out, but that little piece you showed briefly in your hand might be the bail for the medal that attached it to the chain, yes? Instead of another chain? Don't want to be a buzzkill, and you should definitely follow your instincts and hunt that hole to your heart's content, but the thought occurred to me so I thought I'd throw it out there.

You're video was really nice. You have a nice way about you.

Not, it wasn't a bail because there was no way that it could attach to both the medal and the chain. It looked exactly like the closed end of the chain. I suppose if could be a bail and part of it had disintegrated or broken off. I did go back to the spot and searched in all-metal but never got another blip. Glad you enjoyed the video!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom