What's new

Found 12 inches under beach wet sand

gee_mg

Full Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2012
Messages
155
Reaction score
240
Golden Thread
0
Location
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image-3567197840.webp

Found this ring and wondering if anybody knows if it has any real value? Inside is stamped 925 and next to that there is a dollar sign surrounded by a circle. Not sure what the big stone is. Several smaller stones on it too with some missing.
 
Upvote 0
I've been told that they rarely put diamonds in silver rings, probably CZ, but you never know.
 
Congrats on the Silver Ticket!
 
all rings are good as they show the gold is well possible at that spot (people have been there at one time in history in numbers)............... silver is lost as easily as gold ..... sweet isn't it?
 
gee-mg, that's a very pretty silver ring find ! :hello2:


I love the color of the stone.:headbang:

Lorraine
 
Nice ring, congrats.:icon_thumleft:
 
"Real Value" is a relative term. Every ring I find has "Real Value" to me because of the excitement of just finding them and being on the beach. I have seen similar silver rings at the department store for about $30, but like said above, you never know. Nice find. Papa
 
nice ring!!!!! you have your machine zoned in to hit that deep ,what kind of machine are you using?
 
Nice find. The value is the thrill of seeing something different than a pull tab in your scoop...:-)
 
congrats on the nice silver ring!
 
They are very much for sure putting real diamonds in silver now a days. Since the price of gold has sky rocketed, they are using silver more and more, plus tungsten. Pretty in pink! Good finds! I like.
 
Nice silver ring find! First, that's not going to be a diamond, just from the color. It is probably a semi-precious stone. You can clean that silver up.

 
thank you everyone for the posts! I really like this site a lot! I have only been metal detecting for about two months now and have found a total of 13 rings. ( not like i am counting, lol). The first metal detector i purchased was a garret ace 350. I was only finding coins with it and 2 silver rings and couldnt figure out why i was not getting more jewelry finds. Long story short i started researching PI machines and bought the whites dual field. From what i have read one either loves or hates it. I happen to love it. Only drawback is one digs everything; I have my fair share of hair pins and bottle caps.
 
Oh yeah one other thing about this ring: i cant seem to get the tarnish off it just doing the aluminum foil, baking soda and salt thing. I tried it 6 times now
 
@ lay385:::::: i bought a book specifically written for the whites dual field and set it up "super tuned"according to the author which is giving very good results. Im really surprised at how deep it is going! Maybe i am just very lucky?
 
Oh yeah one other thing about this ring: i cant seem to get the tarnish off it just doing the aluminum foil, baking soda and salt thing. I tried it 6 times now

Watch the video I posted, there is no salt.
 
@ Jason...thank you for the video. Had no idea that cleaning ocean crusted rings take so much to clean up but from the video i am still inspired....gosh i love this hobby!
 
Jason, that video did the ring justice!!!! It is actually starting to look silver. I will post pictures once completely done!!!
 
Great find. Keep it up. This is a fabulous hobby, isnt it??
 
13 rings in a very short time. I'm going to start following you around. :-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom