Found 1st and 2nd ring ever, in same day!

kaa

Oct 14, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a goal of finding at least one ring this summer, and I just found 2 in one day! Here is the picture.
CKRA1005.JPG

I found them at a sand-filled playground. The silver ring was at the bottom of a slide, it rang as a 78 to 80 I think. There was a rubber landing at the base of the slides and under the tot swings. I always need to stay away from the equipment like at least 12" or so since it's all metal, but I'd just figured out that there's no metal under the sand for these rubber pads so it's ok to detect right up to them. I think stuff slides off the rubber and into the sand, because after finding a penny right by one, I circled them all and found lots more coins too, right at the edge of them. The rings got a "925" on the inside, which I guess means it's sterling silver. I was so excited, this is the first ring ever for me!!! The other ring, I thought it was just a piece of wire, it was broke and bent into a "w" shape. When I saw the design, I figured out it's actually a beat up ring. I bent it back into a circle, but it's about ready to snap. I would have been ecstatic with just the beat up ring, since it was finally a RING, but a silver one too has me pretty happy for the night :)

Also in the pic is a small pendant I found in the same place, that was the first non-coin, and dictated that it was a Pretty Good night lol. Also found another matchbox car, I think it's 5 for this summer, my kids like those, and about $2 in coins.

eta: the ring says "Carpe Diem" and on the inside "eize the day" and there's a shadow of an "s" in front of that but it must be a mistake at the factory or something.

Upvote 0

Shelbe

Feb 10, 2013
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Have used a Whites that I bought when I was 17, it was broken in storage this winter, Looking at a Garret 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think Carpe Diem may mean...Seize the Day

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first sterling silver ring and your first rings period. All rings count! I always check the bottom of slides...I find a lot of dimes in that area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread