Found 4 dollars in front of my house.

hyderconsulting

Apr 17, 2007
About a hundred yards down the street from my home is a stop and go gas station. As a result I often find a lot of stuff in my front yard where people have stopped to get gas and leave things on the roof of their vehicle. The stuff blows off about the time they reach my house going down the road. I've found coins, a dollar bill or two, cell phones, gloves, tools, soda bottles, gas caps and so on. Today four dollars bills turned up which is my best find yet. I also get a lot of lottery tickets they throw out as trash after they scratched them off. I pick up a couple of hundred or more during the year. I didn't look at them before but I now check them each and every one for I figure that I will eventually will find one or two that the buyer missed he had winning numbers. Sound reasonable?

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good to me. Keep all of the lottery tickets could be a write off......Matt

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done the same thing with the lottery scratch tickets. I found a $5 ticket on the ground at one time, it had several different games on it. The person did not scratch one of the games. I got $20 out of it.

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
Once around Christmas time I was standing around at work waiting for something and as I was daydreaming I was looking into one of those grey plastic dumpsters that everyone empties their garbage into. On top was a holiday scratch off ticket. I picked it up and here it was a $10.00 winner that someone threw away.

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
used to work at liquor store with a looser lottery tub i would sit during break and find several tickets that people did not add up right and would cash them in, got 40.00 worth in one day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions