goldencoin
Gold Member
Hello everybody!
I picked up a box at my favorite bank (the one that yielded the indian) and started to search them in the car. They were all hand-rolled and I thought it was a good sign when i saw a wheat staring at me in the first roll. I found 2 more in the roll. I then opened up the next, and it was solid wheats! I put it aside thinking i had it good when the next roll was solid wheats. I then went through the box and pulled out 11 solid rolls of wheats. Some where half & half and others were skunks (except one that wasn't from the bonanza with a wheat in it) There were all the same type of rolls so this was all one massive dump. I was a bit disappointed to see they were almost entirely commons, but i got a few nice scores. ( Also, i was a bit surprised to see a few memorials mixed in with the solid rolls, the latest being 1981 )I got a couple common old canadians, 2 steels, and my favorite, a 1943 New Foundland cent. Here's the run down:
427 50's
189 40's
2 steels
1911
1914
1920 D
1920
1926
1927
1929
1929
1930 S
1935 (2)
1935 S (2)
1937
1937 D
1939 D
1947 Can.
1942 Can.
1943 New Foundland cent
HH
-GC
P.S. the real counts will be put in with the end of the month post
I went through all the wheats to document the dates and i found a 1957 D with a filled in 9, my first error of the year
I picked up a box at my favorite bank (the one that yielded the indian) and started to search them in the car. They were all hand-rolled and I thought it was a good sign when i saw a wheat staring at me in the first roll. I found 2 more in the roll. I then opened up the next, and it was solid wheats! I put it aside thinking i had it good when the next roll was solid wheats. I then went through the box and pulled out 11 solid rolls of wheats. Some where half & half and others were skunks (except one that wasn't from the bonanza with a wheat in it) There were all the same type of rolls so this was all one massive dump. I was a bit disappointed to see they were almost entirely commons, but i got a few nice scores. ( Also, i was a bit surprised to see a few memorials mixed in with the solid rolls, the latest being 1981 )I got a couple common old canadians, 2 steels, and my favorite, a 1943 New Foundland cent. Here's the run down:
427 50's
189 40's
2 steels
1911
1914
1920 D
1920
1926
1927
1929
1929
1930 S
1935 (2)
1935 S (2)
1937
1937 D
1939 D
1947 Can.
1942 Can.
1943 New Foundland cent
HH
-GC
P.S. the real counts will be put in with the end of the month post
I went through all the wheats to document the dates and i found a 1957 D with a filled in 9, my first error of the year

Attachments
Upvote
0







