Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry to say I haven't been out MD'ing much the last few months. The weather has been great here lately so I decided to go to a small "unmarked" park not far from here. I hunted it hard with my DFX that last few years and managed a large cent and a very nice 1861 half dime.

I wasn't expecting to find much but it was nice to be out swinging. The V3 was hitting pretty deep and I pulled 3 old IH's, no dates but definitely 1800's. I also found this neat tie tack, or maybe it is a cuff link.

100_2904.jpg

What makes this such a nice find is that it is engraved on the back (very small print):

100_2903.jpg

Here is a post with similar cuff links: http://www.rubylane.com/shops/justdu.../item/mp-j-141
It says: Pat July 29 1879

Upvote 0

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Neat find, but it's not a cufflink or tie tack (it's cooler then that :D) That's the patent date on the back, and so far the only thing I can find which might come close is is the new patented lamp wick, of which this could possibly be a fancy turning knob to. BigCyprushunter is real good with patent dates, and if you put it on the "what is it' forum he'll probably identify it for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread