Garrett AT Gold
Teknetics Gold Bug
White's "Mr. Bill modified" Classic IDX
Teknetics Eurotek Pro 8" coil
Teknetics Eurotek Pro 11" coil
XP MI6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! :thumbsup:I'll try to get some better pictures. I found the dime at night and it went in my pouch, didn't know what I had until I got home. This is one of those sites that drive detectors crazy. Tons of rusty nails that like to give a good 2 way signal. I had the 5" coil on to try and get between the junk. There is about a 3" layer of top soil then packed gravel. The dime was about 6" down in the gravel. I cut a big plug in the dirt and then started trying to get the gravel out of the hole. I'm so lucky I didn't scratch it!!!! My Sunray Probe really helped by telling me exactly where the coin was in the hole. I rechecked the hole and got a strong iron reading, but I didn't dig it out to see what else was in the hole.

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
Man, you are one lucky dude!
That's ONE valuable coin!
Great condition too!
Congrats! That definately qualifies as a "find of a lifetime"!
Banner for sure!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Banner that baby after a better pic...Congrats on the sweetest silver find. :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
bigolhorns

bigolhorns

Nov 12, 2006
Forest Grove,Oregon
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 11" and 9.5 " Elliptical
Garrett AT Gold
Teknetics Gold Bug
XP MI6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Better Pictures

These are better

Attachments

• DSCF1916.jpg
    DSCF1916.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 913
  • DSCF1913.jpg
    DSCF1913.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 910
OP
OP
bigolhorns

bigolhorns

Nov 12, 2006
Forest Grove,Oregon
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 11" and 9.5 " Elliptical
Garrett AT Gold
Teknetics Gold Bug
XP MI6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
creeper71 said:
oh man! you did knick the neck didn't ya? or was it already there...

Already there, it would be shiny if a new scratch.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, Nice find !! Well done it gives us all hope. :o

Lets get some facts strait here. :icon_study: First remember this is a dug coin, when you send it in to the grading company. They will most likely grade it as Dug or Environmentally Damaged and cleaned. :icon_study: In most cases this will fall under AU-50 only if the coin can grade AU-50. :icon_scratch: I would not clean it at all just have PCGS do it.... I don't think it will scratch much more than it is in the plastic 2x2 you have to send it in but... :dontknow: I am not to sure about that I may just rinse it off and blot it dry then send it in. Anyway to that effect it is dug so I would not worry about it to much. Even with a few scratches the thing is still worth several 100 dollars and you can't beat free money. :headbang:

:icon_study: Next fact you don't just need a good find to make the banner. Good pictures and a good story helps too... If you think this find should make banner use the link on the bottom left of the original post. Adding a post that says banner won't do much good. :dontknow:

Again awesome find, Congratulations. Go buy something cool.... :blob7: :icon_cheers:

Keep @ it and HH ;D :wink:

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
A very special find! Congratulations, and let a pro clean it; even a Q-Tip can scratch silver.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Nice, Nice find !! Well done it gives us all hope. :o

Lets get some facts strait here. :icon_study: First remember this is a dug coin, when you send it in to the grading company. They will most likely grade it as Dug or Environmentally Damaged and cleaned. :icon_study: In most cases this will fall under AU-50 only if the coin can grade AU-50. :icon_scratch: I would not clean it at all just have PCGS do it.... I don't think it will scratch much more than it is in the plastic 2x2 you have to send it in but... :dontknow: I am not to sure about that I may just rinse it off and blot it dry then send it in. Anyway to that effect it is dug so I would not worry about it to much. Even with a few scratches the thing is still worth several 100 dollars and you can't beat free money. :headbang:

:icon_study: Next fact you don't just need a good find to make the banner. Good pictures and a good story helps too... If you think this find should make banner use the link on the bottom left of the original post. Adding a post that says banner won't do much good. :dontknow:

Again awesome find, Congratulations. Go buy something cool.... :blob7: :icon_cheers:

Keep @ it and HH ;D :wink:
who says he didn't find it in his pocket change??? I'm just saying that I'm sure alot of dug coins have been sent in as pocket change...

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the looks of the photos you were shaking, lol! So would I, that is one awesome dream find right there, congratulations!

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread