What's new

Found a 1916 D Mercury Dime

bigolhorns

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Forest Grove,Oregon
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 11" and 9.5 " Elliptical
Garrett AT Gold
Teknetics Gold Bug
White's "Mr. Bill modified" Classic IDX
Teknetics Eurotek Pro 8" coil
Teknetics Eurotek Pro 11" coil
XP MI6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in shock! Found today with my Fisher CZ-3D in an old football field. Sorry for the pic quality. I have not cleaned it, this is how it came out of the ground.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1905.webp
    DSCF1905.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,459
  • DSCF1910.webp
    DSCF1910.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,454
Upvote 0
Don't scrub or polish it with anything. Hold it by the edges and blast it with hard running water from the faucet--With the drain PLUGGED.

THAT IS ONE HECK OF A COIN!


Looks like it will grade F or VF.


:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
 
Congratulations that is the one we're all looking for
 
Wow!
Don't do anything to it
Place it only on a soft surface like a towel-handle it only by the edge, and as little as possible
Look into having it professionally cleaned and graded
I see diagonal bands- so I agree with BuckleBoy - looks like Fine or Very Fine grade=$$$$
That is a fantastic score. Congrats :hello2:
 
I live in Denver, and I can't find one of them thangs. Damn! Be real nice to it, that thing is worth some serious bucks! I salute you!
 
That is fantastic! And like the others, handle it by the edge and I would get that graded. Congrats! :thumbsup:
 
Awesome! banner?
 
WOW ~ that's absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
 
Congrats on a great find, looks to be in great shape too WTG :icon_thumleft:
Glenn
 
I usually clean my coins with a wet Q-tip ... then use the reverse side to dry it with... Congrats on your awesome find... Banner
 
:o :o :o HOLY SMOKES!!! :o :o :o
What an awesome find. :thumbsup:
Congrats to you.
-MM-
 
YEP.....BANNER!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
That's the one we all look for!!! Congrats on the gorgeous Merc!!! Spectangular!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You've got my banner vote :wink:
 
Congrats Blue.gif​
 

Attachments

  • Congrats Blue.gif
    Congrats Blue.gif
    165.1 KB · Views: 1,298
Only in my dreams!!! That coin looks stellar my friend, congrat's to you for finding such a rare coin! :thumbsup:

Banner find for sure!
 
Whoa!! That's the one!! WTG. Let's get it bannered, but please get a better photo of it
somehwere first. Do you have close up or macro on your camera?, the "tulip" thing?
That is definitely banner material there!!!!

W T G !!!!!!!,
Ramapirate
 
I have dug a 1916 no D .. man it was worn alot... the other '16D's I have saw are also worn very bad.. but yours isnt...... great great great find! Tha's the one I am aiming for........ man I would be takin g the wife on vacation with that one! Congrats man!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom