What's new

Found a 1916 D Mercury Dime

bigolhorns

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Forest Grove,Oregon
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 11" and 9.5 " Elliptical
Garrett AT Gold
Teknetics Gold Bug
White's "Mr. Bill modified" Classic IDX
Teknetics Eurotek Pro 8" coil
Teknetics Eurotek Pro 11" coil
XP MI6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in shock! Found today with my Fisher CZ-3D in an old football field. Sorry for the pic quality. I have not cleaned it, this is how it came out of the ground.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1905.webp
    DSCF1905.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,459
  • DSCF1910.webp
    DSCF1910.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,454
Upvote 0
A great find. :thumbsup:
 
That is a Banner coin.Key date of the series and in great condition.
 
once in a lifetime find. great job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
awesome
I dug a 1916 over the summer, however it wasnt the D. I almost cryed
BANNER
 
Fantastic Find !!! Congratulations !!! You got My Vote, BANNER :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:


Dave
 
dats da "money coin" -- 700 or more dollar coin all day long --sweet :thumbsup: banner all da way
 
this has been on my list for a few years now wonder how many are left to be found congrats soak it in it will be a hard find to top
 
That is worth between $1500- $4500 and the US mint only made 264,000 of them and most are well circulated coins.
Yours is in much better condition than most that have been on ebay. Whatever you do..... DO NOT CLEAN IT. It will lower the existing value.

Since there are some nicks on the coin, if you were to send it to be "slabbed", I would send it to ANACS.

Anyone can send a coin in to them. Do a Google search for ANACS and download an application for submission form.
They will give it a grade. I have found that if a coin is slightly damaged... nicks or rim damage, PCGS won't give it a grade, but will authenticate it if genuine. ANACS will give it a grade or say, "VF details".

Dimeman
 
The holy grail!!! Very nice find. Shows that they are still out there, we have our shot at the other 263,999..... lol Awesome digs!!
 
congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

you must feel like you won the lottery!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom