Found a bunch of railroad links, plus a new video...

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to one of my old digging spots where I thought I remembered finding some of those old railroad links. I didn't know what they were back then, but do now...

P9040006.JPG

Here is a PILE of them. I've had several people want to buy the first one I found. I guess they are collectible. I also found one of the pins that goes with them...

P9040019.JPG

Here are two rings I found on Sunday. I already tracked down the owner of the class ring.

DSCN3419.JPG

DSCN3421.JPG

Here is a link to a video I shot several weeks ago. It goes with my "Bullet King" post I made here on Tnet back then.

Thanks for checking out my post!

Upvote 0

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A/C you are the Bullet King Awesome finds................HH

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love your videos ! Is that a Rail Road bridge in the background of pic #1 ?

VPR

Yep. It was originally built in the 1830's. Then burned a few times during the war. I made a video of the hunt with more detail, but it will be a while before I work it up I suppose.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
always finding super cool stuff. love your posts :headbang:

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. I've found links before, but more circular like the ones on the bottom of your pile. I've never found any like the wide ones on top of your pile. They would be much stronger and less likely to break, which I have found too many of.

ncsilverspider

Jul 24, 2011
Rowan County, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizim III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do ya'll find these RR relics?!? Don't they read as junk? Those are amazing! Keep them and preserve them, or maybe even donate a few to a history/ rr museum! They would be glad to display them, I'm sure! Awesome!

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do ya'll find these RR relics?!? Don't they read as junk? Those are amazing! Keep them and preserve them, or maybe even donate a few to a history/ rr museum! They would be glad to display them, I'm sure! Awesome!

Well.... one mans junk is another mans treasure. The iron will read as iron, but not all iron signals are alike. That's one reason I like having the meter on the AT Pro/Gold for water hunting. Those links have a distinctive VDI number, and I could dig mostly just those VDI numbers and nothing else if I chose. BUT... that's not my style. A lot of really cool things are made of iron. If I passed over those other "junk/iron" signals, I'd not have found (this year alone) a bunch of cannonballs, muskets, bayonets, etc. They are all iron. It pays to dig "the right" iron signals, you really cannot just "dig everything".

I first learned what these pins and couplers were at the B&O RR museum in Baltimore. I do intend to, and have told them so, donate some of them there. They apparently had their's stolen right out of the museum in broad daylight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. I've found links before, but more circular like the ones on the bottom of your pile. I've never found any like the wide ones on top of your pile. They would be much stronger and less likely to break, which I have found too many of.

I'm just supposing that's what they are as well. I'm just learning this RR stuff.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chigg....U da man. Wow ! Love your posts. Gonna have to break down and get an AT to hit the creeks etc here in TN. Lots of troop movement around the old ferries etc. Hunting a more or less ghost town now on TN river. Tons of tributaries around. Hope you get the full video up soon.

BTW....gotta grow them whiskers back. Kinda keeps the HollyWood look going.....Ha Ha:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chigg....U da man. Wow ! Love your posts. Gonna have to break down and get an AT to hit the creeks etc here in TN. Lots of troop movement around the old ferries etc. Hunting a more or less ghost town now on TN river. Tons of tributaries around. Hope you get the full video up soon.

BTW....gotta grow them whiskers back. Kinda keeps the HollyWood look going.....Ha Ha:icon_thumleft:

Winter's a coming on, whiskers too.

DiggingNC

Apr 23, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett ProPointer, SunRay Pro Gold Headphones. Previousdetectors were White's, Garrett's and others.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A/C, what camera do you use for underwater. Make and model? As always, GREAT video.

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A/C, what camera do you use for underwater. Make and model? As always, GREAT video.

All my videos the past couple of years were shot with the Olympus Stylus Tough cameras. I have used a couple different models as I find quite a few of them and upgrade to the newest model when I can. My last couple were shot with the 6020 which I think is a few years old now. I had a newer model that I liked better, but scratched the lens trying to clean it with muddy, sandy finger tips and had to chuck it. The one I have now did get flooded slightly, so some of the shots looking into the sun aren't up to par anymore. They are good cameras (somewhat expensive) and I use them in very harsh conditions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread