What's new

Found a cannon and a Gold ring today from the cut !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
1,917
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now that I have your attention....this is how it all went down today... Ever have one of those days you just can't get tuned in?... Today was just that for me... Started out freezing so I was dressed to the hilt... Then warmed up so fast I had to shed some stuff...Back to the truck to find a ticket on the winshield... @#$%^& Back down to the beach to find someone where I left off digging like a woodchuck and all I could think was he was getting the goodies... Started to hunt again and then my new Koss wireless Headpkones had a broken wire... I'll learn to use my Greyghost when I'm supposed to... Back to the truck again to make a phone call to see if I could borrow a pair from a friend that was supposed t me me... He said no problem I'm on my way... Back down the beach again... Just couldn't get tuned intoday... I didn't find silver till about 1:30 and I started at 10:00 am... I did find a nice little brass cannon, a Buffalo Nickel, and just when I was going to head for the truck a fourth time today I got a nice 14 K Signet ring... I love the new CTX 30 30... I will write a reveiw next week about this machine for those who are interested..... This makes 5 hunts and I have scored Gold on every outing except the second day out ..... Very Happy so far with the performance.... Cannon (1).webpCannon (7).webpCannon (8).webpCannon (10).webpCannon.webpRing 13.webpCannon (5).webp
 
Upvote 0
Beautiful ring find, Whydah!

Guess I'll have to go golfing with Hank when I get there ....there's nothing left for me to find! :laughing7:

Lorraine
 
I enjoy with your post
goodpost.gif
and i congratulate on these finds
nicethread.gif

coolpics.gif
anim_63.gif

You are my hero in U.S
winner3.gif

ani_tiphat.gif
Happy hunting
goodluck.gif
 
Those walks back and forth to the truck are brutal. ~ Nice job saving the day! Some neat finds for sure.

Now that I have your attention....this is how it all went down today... Ever have one of those days you just can't get tuned in?... Today was just that for me... Started out freezing so I was dressed to the hilt... Then warmed up so fast I had to shed some stuff...Back to the truck to find a ticket on the winshield... @#$%^& Back down to the beach to find someone where I left off digging like a woodchuck and all I could think was he was getting the goodies... Started to hunt again and then my new Koss wireless Headpkones had a broken wire... I'll learn to use my Greyghost when I'm supposed to... Back to the truck again to make a phone call to see if I could borrow a pair from a friend that was supposed t me me... He said no problem I'm on my way... Back down the beach again... Just couldn't get tuned intoday... I didn't find silver till about 1:30 and I started at 10:00 am... I did find a nice little brass cannon, a Buffalo Nickel, and just when I was going to head for the truck a fourth time today I got a nice 14 K Signet ring... I love the new CTX 30 30... I will write a reveiw next week about this machine for those who are interested..... This makes 5 hunts and I have scored Gold on every outing except the second day out ..... Very Happy so far with the performance....View attachment 772577View attachment 772579View attachment 772580View attachment 772581View attachment 772582View attachment 772583View attachment 772578
 
Excellent finds! It's been slow here.
 
Nice haul buddy, sucks about the ticket! :BangHead:
 
Nice job even if you were off a bit...
 
Nice finds, as usual! It's been quiet up here on the beaches, at least for me.

Love the ring. How much does it weigh?

Take care and "better luck next time"...:laughing7:

HH,
Anita
 
Nice finds, as usual! It's been quiet up here on the beaches, at least for me.

Love the ring. How much does it weigh?

Take care and "better luck next time"...:laughing7:

HH,
Anita
It weighs 3.9 Grams... its a small one...but it sure looked prety laying in the sand after a long day..
 
love the tiny cannon, maybe theres a tiny shipwreck there!!!!
chuck.
 
awesome finds. love those old style rings
 
Nice ring, that ctx is doing you proper .
Don't get caught in Jersey with that Cannon! LOL!
 
well after I cleaned up that little cannon, it turns out that I guess it does fire !..It has a touch hole in the end of it... I am NOT going to test it though.... I am thinking that maybe the brass would be soft after many years in the water... Cool little toy though...Gonna built a turret for it...
 
cool stuff leighton, nice ring!. My spot is filling in fast. the cannon is way cool. congrats. bob.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom