DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been around in a while because of technical problems but have been hunting regularly. All these came from two different sites I have been hunting over the last few months or so. Found two small pieces in two different creeks..The creeks around here seem to be skunk suicide most of the time but I did luck out twice after one hard rain we had that turned the bedrock. Over all I found mostly brokes and pieces but got lucky a few times. My latest favorite addition is the Decatur. It is not a very thin piece but has some nice notches and some wild barbed hooks on it. Very different then the norm I find around here. IMG_0061_1.JPG IMG_0067.JPG IMG_0069.JPG ........This piece here is kind of interesting too. Not sure what type it would fall under but it appears to be heat treated and is very asymmetrical with clipped wings and is translucent. IMG_0075_1.JPG .......These are the two I found in creeks IMG_0080.JPG .........This Madison and kirk bifurcate where true heartbreakers found on same site. I think the Madison might have been heat treated?..... IMG_0085_5.JPG ............All the wholes and brokes IMG_0091_5.JPG IMG_0093_1.JPG IMG_0094.JPG IMG_0096_4.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't see any pics.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have found some cool points there, but that first one is really nice.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of nice points you saved! That first one is really nice.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure that first Point is a Decatur? That looks like a Bifurcated type Point. Decaturs have a fractured base where Burins where driven off. Can we see the base on that Point please?

Great looking finds though, all of them.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure that first Point is a Decatur? That looks like a Bifurcated type Point. Decaturs have a fractured base where Burins where driven off. Can we see the base on that Point please?

Great looking finds though, all of them.
Now that you mention it I'm not really sure. The base looks to be fractured to me but I haven't had allot of first hand experience with the type? A couple things that throw me off is its thickness. I mean it is not super thick but seems to be thicker then the couple Decaturs I have held. The other is the length of the stem, seems a little longer then I have seen on most examples ? I have my camera battery charging right now, will try to get some picks up later..Thanks

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0116_1.JPG IMG_0118_2.JPG IMG_0120_1.JPG

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have been busy lots of good ones I see. Last time I was out I thought I might get skunked and then I actually smelled a skunk. I was hoping he wasnt down by the creek getting a drink when I turned the corner. Id rather see a big snake than walk up on a skunk.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks.Yeah them skunks aint no joke. Have been fortunate not to get sprayed by any yet but have had a few close calls at night. Out of all the elements out there my least favorite is bees. About a month ago I was walking a little creek on a hot day and there was a thick wad of sticker bushes hanging over in the creek so I took my stick and pushed it out the way, man I never saw so many white faced hornets, didn't waste anytime getting the hell out of there. Lucky I got away without getting stung cause man those little jokers pack a punch. Don't think I ever moved so fast in those heavy snake boots.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks.Yeah them skunks aint no joke. Have been fortunate not to get sprayed by any yet but have had a few close calls at night. Out of all the elements out there my least favorite is bees. About a month ago I was walking a little creek on a hot day and there was a thick wad of sticker bushes hanging over in the creek so I took my stick and pushed it out the way, man I never saw so many white faced hornets, didn't waste anytime getting the hell out of there. Lucky I got away without getting stung cause man those little jokers pack a punch. Don't think I ever moved so fast in those heavy snake boots.

I went back to the creek where I smelled it today. It must have a den there some place cause I smelled it again. Im sure he was sleeping cause i never heard it in the weeds. Glad you avoided the hornets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread