What's new

found a different button today?

jrwill56

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
422
Reaction score
194
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chowan Co.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 2000
White mark 11
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
found this at lunch today ,a tooth,a piece of skull bone (i think) a piecs of pottery.a different button it has a crude star with a V in the middle.I do know it is a cast button with the loop on the back casted in also. here are some scans of the button and the tooth.sorry my camera is at work.
 

Attachments

  • mon 3 30 2009 003.webp
    mon 3 30 2009 003.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 293
  • scan0004.webp
    scan0004.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 238
  • scan0003.webp
    scan0003.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 226
Can you please take pictures of the button a red or blue background, and, also add a picture of the back of the button?
 
Upvote 0
maybe a star, also reminds me of fire damage.
 
Upvote 0
Re: found a different button today? update

plehbah said:
Is that a picture of a raisin along with animal remains?
tooth
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
I don't think that a "V"... I think it's an "A".

I can kinda see an A but it looks very crude & incised at a later date rather than part of the moulding. No so sure its a star from the picture :icon_scratch:

The back looks typical of a circa 1790s type button
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom