What's new

Found a few things today

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
3,005
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these today on the sand/gravel bar and quite a few pottery shards too. The first pic I think might be a spear point, it's flat on one side but most every type of point I'm finding is flat on one side, I'm thinking the white one with the sharp point might be a drill.

The second pic, one on the top left has part of it broken off but I find a lot of those types of points in all sizes... can someone tell me what type of point it is...also, does anyone have an ideas what point in time these were made?
 

Attachments

  • 100_6676.webp
    100_6676.webp
    106.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 100_6679.webp
    100_6679.webp
    214.9 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 0
I will agree with NC looks like some nice gravers and scrapers could be in that group. I also thought some of your other photos show a few artifacts.

Better pictures or close ups of both sides of individual pieces would make IDing a little easier.

Joel
 
I believe you got your answer. I wonder why some have those notches in the middle like that. In the mix is some artifacts and in the second photo I believe those are just rocks. The pic with the heart breaker in it. All 6 look natural to me. Quartz is so hard to see from a pic.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom