What's new

Found a good one in creek !!

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only had an hour and half in middle of the day to walk a creek I visit and at first I thought it was gonna b a shut out ... Then on my way back I found this guy
 

Attachments

  • image-170554586.webp
    image-170554586.webp
    112.9 KB · Views: 215
  • image-4249004268.webp
    image-4249004268.webp
    51 KB · Views: 136
  • image-1603730454.webp
    image-1603730454.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 140
  • image-3961282807.webp
    image-3961282807.webp
    37 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
Amazing the adrenalin rush caused by a piece of flint sticking in the dirt. Nice one you saved!
 
nice point/ knife. Did you pick up the flint next to it?
 
That's a beauty! Wonder what type it is? Looks like a possible nother one bottom right in pic #2
Haha there could be another I was so excited I didn't look I'm not sure on the point ID yet I'm still not sure ?
 
Thanks wells and croch man what a great feeling !!!
 
That's a great find:notworthy: JMO it's a complete hafted scraper and a fine one.
 
It's thin do you think it was a broke blade then reworked ?

That is most likely what it was made from , was a real nice blade. On the back side it looks like a impact flute from the tip, most folks may say that is from knapping, but you don't strike on the end are it will break in half, unless you have it set up to flute.
 
Last edited:
Thanks I learn something everyday ;) it was a real fun find !!
 
That is an impressive find. Thanks for sharing.
 
Pickwick. See how square the base is and the way it curves over from the stem to the blade. A stemmer. Pickwicks are big like that. Painter if that was whole and did not have the tip re-worked say … Ka-Ching !
Lol very nice. You find some very desirable types to me anyways.
 
That is one COOL find! :icon_thumleft: It kind of looks as if the tip broke and was slightly reworked and used as a hafted knife.
 
Nice point. In pic. no. 4 it looks like they might have had a problem with a stack toward the tip, so they tried removing if from the tip. It came out pretty good.
 
Thanks guys for your comments it is the longest point I have found in this spot I can't wait to go back and see what else might b there!!!
 
I like taking pics of the artifacts before picking them up. But after you post them and look at the pics sometimes you see something you have missed. Its happened to me more than once. Go back and get the other possible ones. Its a nice one painter.
 
I like taking pics of the artifacts before picking them up. But after you post them and look at the pics sometimes you see something you have missed. Its happened to me more than once. Go back and get the other possible ones. Its a nice one painter.
Thanks rock I try to look at the pics before I post them but this time I didn't even think about it !!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom