Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted but I'm still out there when it's not pouring down rain! It's really hot today but the wind and sunscreen kept me cool for the most part.

I came back from hunting a couple of schools I'd been to before, re-checking the tot lots and certain areas of the fields. I've also been tumbling clad so I could make another deposit for the "guitar fund". I was one quarter short of a roll, so I went to the closest school (I had been to soooo many times before) to find that last quarter before I went to the bank.

Within 5 minutes of my hunt I was checking the field, moving away from the school. I made a random turn and headed straight for the blacktop and got a SOLID pull tab signal. I came up with a ring that was quite large, so by the size of it I knew it just HAD to be a women's solitaire ring. At first I thought silver, then after looking at how nice the stone looked I thought maybe I hit it lucky and got me a white gold or platinum with a honkin 1-carat diamond. None were to be, because when I got home my magnifyer confirmed it was costume. Either way I enjoyed finding it..it's my 26th ring of the year. So far I've found 8 silvers, 5 mood rings, a 14-carat gold men's ring with a diamond, 11 kid's rings and now this one.

As far as clad goes I found another $8 in my last 2 hunts (a little over $5 today). I was able to cash in $35 in rolled coins found over the last few weeks, bringing my cash count to $365.00 since the beginning of the year. I also found a cool snake pendant and my 3rd Kennedy half of the year, found in the wood chips at one of the schools near the swings.

JUN3-1.jpg

JUN4.jpg

JUN1-1.jpg

JUN2-2.jpg

Nat

Upvote 0

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeh that would be a heart stopper popping out of the dirt! I like the cool snake pendant too.

Steve

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
excellent finds and that ring is a beautie :o getting lots of heat and rain here also :-\ congrats on the finds :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rmptr said:
Great finds Nat!

I like the sparklies! They are fun no matter what!

Maybe you could advertise a yardsale on craiglist and local telephone poles,
Then put out a small display of digs with other stuff from the garage???

That would help out the guitar fund.

HH
rmptr

We've had a few yard sales in the past, but there's not much to get rid of at the moment around here..good idea though!

notgittinenny said:
I pulled one similar to that out of the water a few years ago, except mine was marked 14kt and had a BIG rock in it, well both were not real. Question, if your ring is not real, why did it hit on pulltab? Is the band aluminum?

I'm not sure how many rings you've found so far, but most rings I've found ring up as pull tabs (this one is almost the exact same shape as one, only thicker). On the other hand, the gold ones I've found all rang up as nickels :icon_scratch: and my machine says silver rings are quarters. I don't always dig everything, but I will if I'm hunting schools or old home sites..that's how I found this particular ring.

Nana40 said:
WoW! That's still a pretty ring, Nat. And your clad total is wild! Just how much does this guitar cost? :D

Congrats on those finds, Nat! :thumbsup:

Nana :)

Hi Nana! The one I'm looking at is in the $400 range and I can easily afford it now. It would be so cool to say, "See the guitar I dug up?" When that remark gets questioned I've got a great story to tell! Not to mention stirring up interest in this hobby of ours. After looking through some catalogs lately I'm not sure exactly what I'll put it towards, but it will definately be something musical or guitar related.

Thanks for ALL the replies guys and gals, may you find lots of treasure this weekend!

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread