Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted but I'm still out there when it's not pouring down rain! It's really hot today but the wind and sunscreen kept me cool for the most part.

I came back from hunting a couple of schools I'd been to before, re-checking the tot lots and certain areas of the fields. I've also been tumbling clad so I could make another deposit for the "guitar fund". I was one quarter short of a roll, so I went to the closest school (I had been to soooo many times before) to find that last quarter before I went to the bank.

Within 5 minutes of my hunt I was checking the field, moving away from the school. I made a random turn and headed straight for the blacktop and got a SOLID pull tab signal. I came up with a ring that was quite large, so by the size of it I knew it just HAD to be a women's solitaire ring. At first I thought silver, then after looking at how nice the stone looked I thought maybe I hit it lucky and got me a white gold or platinum with a honkin 1-carat diamond. None were to be, because when I got home my magnifyer confirmed it was costume. Either way I enjoyed finding it..it's my 26th ring of the year. So far I've found 8 silvers, 5 mood rings, a 14-carat gold men's ring with a diamond, 11 kid's rings and now this one.

As far as clad goes I found another $8 in my last 2 hunts (a little over $5 today). I was able to cash in $35 in rolled coins found over the last few weeks, bringing my cash count to $365.00 since the beginning of the year. I also found a cool snake pendant and my 3rd Kennedy half of the year, found in the wood chips at one of the schools near the swings.

JUN3-1.jpg

JUN4.jpg

JUN1-1.jpg

JUN2-2.jpg

Nat

Upvote 0

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Heart Stopper, to say the least. Been there, done that. (Darn it).

You sure find a lot of clad. I need to get out more often...

Nice finds.

Ray S

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that woulda been a heart stopper too for me... it is pretty even thou its not real...but maybe next time out will be your killer ring... thanks for sharing... I like it Nat. :thumbsup:

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I wish that was real...you would have paid for the guitar instantly ::) Oh well...a ring's a ring..real or not...still cool to find.

P

Pentico

Sweet ring Natman!
You are on track to pull 50 pluss rings out of the ground this year, Congrats!
All ways check your posts!

Denver Nugget

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Rain? What's that? We're in a drought here in S. CA. Very dry conditions.

Wow, that ring sure does look like a heart-stopper. :o Congrats on your interesting finds, along with all that clad you cashed in so far this year. You're on a roll, Nat!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Great finds Nat!

I like the sparklies! They are fun no matter what!

Maybe you could advertise a yardsale on craiglist and local telephone poles,
Then put out a small display of digs with other stuff from the garage???

That would help out the guitar fund.

HH
rmptr

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I pulled one similar to that out of the water a few years ago, except mine was marked 14kt and had a BIG rock in it, well both were not real. Question, if your ring is not real, why did it hit on pulltab? Is the band aluminum?

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would make my heart stop too. Nice find Nat. :thumbsup:

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Nat :thumbsup:
That ring would have made me sweat.

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Now that's a ring.... Fooled me too. good find either way....

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Even being costume, it's still a really great find. Congrats on it man. I have only found a earring or nipple ring, something like that. No real rings yet.

itbeepsidig

Oct 8, 2007
I love reading your posts. You will find a very nice diamond ring before long. You are coming very close each time.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW! That's still a pretty ring, Nat. And your clad total is wild! Just how much does this guitar cost? :D

Congrats on those finds, Nat! :thumbsup:

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread