Found a mummy

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They called it the "play house" because years ago it was the "Wash Shed". It was built near the well an housed the old gas powered Maytag and misc. wash tubs and scrub boards. Later it was taken over by the three kids of the owner and turned into their play house.
My wife was helping clean the place up for the neighbor and found this cache in a Prince Albert can.
14 wheats
4 liberty dimes (oldest 1917)
1 rosy dime
2 Okla. tax tokens
1935 Hindenburg commentrative
Mummified turtle
and what we think is a gold nugget

Attachments

• DSC00640 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00640 (Medium).JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 818
  • DSC00646 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00646 (Medium).JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 816
Upvote 0
sweet finds, maybe a gold tooth?

I think it is a placer gold nugget! Very nice!

After a lifetime of handling placer gold, I would almost guarantee you that it is a bonified, dyed in the wool, gold nugget.

Great stash!! Congratulations on a excellent find.

Eagle

killer find looks gold to me!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

Nice finds. Looks like a gold nugget to me also......Matt

everything is a cool find but that Hindenburg is awsome an yep thats a nugget :icon_thumleft:

Too cool time capsule.

The dimes are called Mercury, not liberty. Liberty (aka Barber) dimes were made before 1916.

Nugget looks indeed like a gold nugget to me. If you gave it to me, I could help you lose it. <Hint, Hint>

I agree on the nugget as well.

She's a lil beauty! 100 % gold guaranteed.

It's not pyrite that's for sure. :) Congrats on the great cache!

Thanks Tuberale. I really did know that they are called Mercurys, I don't know why I stated "Liberty"
The Hindenburg is in poor shape, looks like it was bounced off the concrete a dozen times. The turtle is my favorate. The sun was going down and I was burning daylight too fast to do a good job on photography. Gotta weigh the gold thing and get better pictures. There are many more stories about this house. My wife has worked for these people for 17years. Strange stories. Thanks for looking.

Placer gold is pronounced " plasser" I know, I couldn't believe it either when a rockhound told me that........NGE

Love the tokens. Great finds

Awesome finds Congratulations totaly love the token!!
TTH

colorado14ers said:
wow!!! awsome hunt!!!!!!!! Its a placer gold because it was placed there :tongue3: :laughing9:
:thumbsup:

nice little cache indeed, the gold acid test is only about 20 bucks and a good investment for future gold finds.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back