What's new

Found a new CW site today

gxray

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
323
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
I met with my friend Robert at the convenience store this morning and we were trying to decide where to hunt today. I had a hunch about a particular hill and we decided to go there and give it a try. We were there less than five minutes and my second target was a Sharps carbine bullet. I yelled at Robert , holding up the bullet and told him " I think we're in the right place". About a minute later , Robert is yelling at me , holding up a flat button. I meandered up the hill as Robert stayed near the road. After about 20 mins , I look up and see Robert motioning me(doing the happy dance) to come see what he found . It was an 1853 seated liberty half dime in very nice condition ...lots of detail. He had also found 3 Sharps carbine bullets and 3 or 4 .44 cal pistol bullets. I continued to hunt and found another Sharps carbine bullet. Robert found another Sharps carbine bullet but had an appointment and had to leave , so I hunted this spot the rest of the day. I ended up finding 2 "D" ring sword hangers, an 1893 IH penny, a 1940 wheatie , a piece of silver from some jewelry, 7 flat buttons (1 with a lot of gold gilt on it), a brass fob thingy, pieces of pocket knives , lots of bits of brass and lead, a 1964 memorial penny and a clad quarter and a marble. We'll probably hammer this site pretty hard this weekend before it gets planted.

Thanx for looking and HH y'all
 

Attachments

  • DSC00022.webp
    DSC00022.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC00023.webp
    DSC00023.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 485
  • DSC00024.webp
    DSC00024.webp
    18 KB · Views: 480
Upvote 0
I like how you made a face with your finds on that plate :icon_thumright:
 
nice IH!!!!!!! MR TUFF
 
Not bad, not bad at all. :thumbsup: The thing in the center of the first 2 pics looks like a broken key hole cover. On the right in the bottom there is a broken key hole cover and the small piece above that looks like part of a shoe buckle.
 
Congrats on some nice CW finds.
Dman
 
I would LOVE to find a Seat Liberty Half Dime! That is the 1st on my long wish list!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom