What's new

Found a nice one today!

mangum

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
2,323
Reaction score
3,533
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody! I got out to a new spot today with my Dad. The land had just been disced with only one good rain so the findings were few. I did manage to find one really nice (almost whole, rare in the tobacco field) point! Someone suggested that its a round base Morrow Mountain but not so sure about that. Im not near my ID book at the moment. It was found in Iredell Co. NC (I'm sure NC field hunter will know!) Again , any I sight is appreciated. I also found the small broken quartz point, not sure about that either but I would think its more recent than the other point. Unfortunately my Dad left empty handed, hopefully there's one waiting for him next time! It was a nice day to be out and get some fresh air! Thanks for looking & HH!
 

Attachments

  • image-2546020263.webp
    image-2546020263.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 123
  • image-3446456844.webp
    image-3446456844.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 126
  • image-1047022503.webp
    image-1047022503.webp
    64.7 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 0
all it takes is one to make it a memorable trip...congrats and thanks for sharing.
 
Yeah man those are nice ones.
 
eastTNJoe said:
all it takes is one to make it a memorable trip...congrats and thanks for sharing.

Very true! Glad I found something to share!
 
Everyone must be on vacation. Very quiet this week. I was wanting to know what they quartz one was.
 
I have found quartz points when I live in GA........ must have been hard to make points out of that!

NICE
 
I am going to bump this one for you cause I would like to know the type on the quartz one. Its going to the top.
 
Your quartz piece is just as you said!! Morrow Mt. I don't think it's supposed to be a round base. I think that's a small bit of damage that causes the base to look rounded. Nice finds. The other piece looks like a blade or small chopper. It's in great condition. Good day out!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom