What's new

Found A Nice Plummet

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a buddy to one of my old fields I’ve hunted for probably 40 years tonight for a hunt. As we were walking in to the field I told him to look for Hematite because we used to find a lot in here years ago when they actually plowed it and took three steps, saw this, and said "Like this Plummet". Neither of us could believe it. I didn’t find anything else in the next 2 1/2 hours but didn’t really care. One of the best ones I found in a long time.

He found a couple nice small Points.
 

Attachments

  • 21FA32EA-C08A-412A-85BB-1E059566F7EB.webp
    21FA32EA-C08A-412A-85BB-1E059566F7EB.webp
    1 MB · Views: 116
  • 906BDEFE-E2B7-4944-AD89-779476E21C6F.webp
    906BDEFE-E2B7-4944-AD89-779476E21C6F.webp
    441.2 KB · Views: 89
  • DA3A9EB5-CB29-493A-B823-3115A0761FD1.webp
    DA3A9EB5-CB29-493A-B823-3115A0761FD1.webp
    606.4 KB · Views: 97
  • FA3CE6A0-6F56-4BAF-BB99-3259F326C35C.webp
    FA3CE6A0-6F56-4BAF-BB99-3259F326C35C.webp
    713.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 3E743046-FA79-4262-B383-346980DB8201.webp
    3E743046-FA79-4262-B383-346980DB8201.webp
    536 KB · Views: 83
  • 0EC817D9-0AA9-448D-9BC4-DA1258D07FF0.webp
    0EC817D9-0AA9-448D-9BC4-DA1258D07FF0.webp
    501 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is a really nice one! :icon_thumleft: Good going.
 
I bet you were stoked!? Nice find. Is Hematite magnetic?
 
I bet you were stoked!? Nice find. Is Hematite magnetic?

I was. I couldn't believe it was laying right out like that and it's pristine. There's not a plow mark on it anywhere. I think that's why I didn't find much else. I walked around in a daze for a while just staring at it and rubbing on it. lol
 
The large tray is the new set up after adding this one. All personal finds except 3. The small tray are some I purchased from the finder who is 82 years old. All found on his old family farm in Greenup county Kentucky.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    571.1 KB · Views: 114
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    764.4 KB · Views: 71
It’s really neat when things like that happen.

Congratulations on another fine piece!!
 
I took a buddy to one of my old fields I’ve hunted for probably 40 years tonight for a hunt. As we were walking in to the field I told him to look for Hematite because we used to find a lot in here years ago when they actually plowed it and took three steps, saw this, and said "Like this Plummet". Neither of us could believe it. I didn’t find anything else in the next 2 1/2 hours but didn’t really care. One of the best ones I found in a long time.

He found a couple nice small Points.

Always love the background story/info! That would be a year maker for me as a surface collector!
That is a beauty!
 
Awesome job Steve!

I know it’s that style of plummet, but they always looked a bit phallic to me.

I told him the same thing when he asked what type. Ive always thought some of these looked Phallic. Thanks Joshua.
 
Always love the background story/info! That would be a year maker for me as a surface collector!
That is a beauty!

This guy has definitely been my good luck charm. I have found three really nice pieces this Spring while hunting with him. The 3 1/4 inch Lowe Point I posted a few weeks back, a really nice Celt I found last week, and this. And yes, this will probably be my year maker unless I can top it. The funny thing is it's always just as we get there as we are leaving. The Celt and the Plummet were both found within 50 feet of the truck. One walking in and the other walking out. lol
 
YEAH BUDDY!!!!:icon_thumright:
 
Nice find a quick day maker.
 
Nice artifact save Steve. I have yet to find a plummet. Geez.
 
thats a darn sweet find for sure. Congrats
 
Awesome save! I wouldn’t have found anything else either. I’d have been looking at it all day too. Even when I find a decent point I walk around holding it and looking at it instead of the ground.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Nice hematite plummet Steve. Congrats. Yeah, I finally decided to poke my head in here. I can see some of our Arrowheadology friends are already here. Don't know what really happened there???
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom