americanartifacts33
Full Member
- Joined
- Jul 11, 2013
- Messages
- 227
- Reaction score
- 779
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- St Paul MO
- Detector(s) used
- Whites Prism IV
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Upvote
0
I found a good preform and I think grinding stone, I ll add pics of the grinding stone later. Probably cant tell the period from the preform but if you all think otherwise I would like to know what time frame it is from.
So I am going to ask a question, I am hoping for a little help with clarification. I initially thought it was a preform blade, meaning in my mind, it was roughed out to a shape of a point or blade for intention to finish knapping the blade to a final point later on.. Then SportsmanALL said he thought it to be a Bi-Face. After looking at similar Bi-Face artifacts I agree with him 100%.. Now to settle a sibling dispute ha-ha.. Was this tool used for butchering animals, digging, chopping etc. or was it used soley for the purpose to make more refined flint tools later from it? Thanks to all for the help!
I found a good preform and I think grinding stone, I ll add pics of the grinding stone later. Probably cant tell the period from the preform but if you all think otherwise I would like to know what time frame it is from.