What's new

Found a proof (Georgia state) quarter

jrf30

Bronze Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I know we talk about finding proof halves all the time. So far I have 32 in my coillection. But today I found my FIRST proof quarter!

It is a Georgia state quarter, 1999-S. The peach on the back looks really cool, as it is frosted and the rest is the mirror finish. Washington is frosted ont he front, and the coin is in prety darn good shape. (sorry still no camera)

Have you guys found many proof quarters? I don't see posts on them, and haven't fouind one before this myself, so I am curious.

WHo has found proof quarters, and how many?

:-)
 
Upvote 0
I found a South Carolina clad proof last year. Is yours clad or silver?
 
I found an Arkansas proof (clad) just a couple months ago. Hardly dinged up too.
 
alas, mine too is clad
 
I found a 2001 North Carolina quarter today that almost looks proof and appears to be silver but is marked with a p. I can't figure this one out.

Any ideas.

OWS
 
I just found an Iowa (I think) a couple of weeks ago. I work at a credit union and we were counting quarters, I also found a 1964 silver in the same roll. How can you tell if the proof is clad or silver?
 
MZKITY62 said:
I just found an Iowa (I think) a couple of weeks ago. I work at a credit union and we were counting quarters, I also found a 1964 silver in the same roll. How can you tell if the proof is clad or silver?

you got the perfect job :icon_thumright:. but i would say by the silver ping sound?
 
MZKITY62 said:
I just found an Iowa (I think) a couple of weeks ago. I work at a credit union and we were counting quarters, I also found a 1964 silver in the same roll. How can you tell if the proof is clad or silver?
The proof has a silver reeded edge as well, I found a Maryland (silver) proof about a year ago. I actually got it in some change when I bought a Gyro in Tacoma. I haven't seen a silver quarter since!!! :dontknow:
 
You only think that I have the perfect job for this. We don't find much at all. I cringe when I think of what I miss because of the coin machine. One of the girls got an indian not long ago and I have found a buffalo, lots of foreign coins some are old too. My favorite though is a $1 gaming token from the Golden Nugget casino in Las Vegas. It's my lucky charm now. I get all the "funny muny" as we call it. Nobody else collects so I get all of it. I didn't get the indian though, :(
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom