Found A Ring-Need Indentification Help

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I found this ring on the floor of a grocery store a couple days ago and finally took some photos of it. I left my name and telephone number in case someone inquired about it. I've tried to get a close up photo of the marking inside but my camera isn't powerful enough even with the macro setting.

The inside marking is: c u p (c inside a circle) 8 8 4

To the best of my ability to read it with a loop.

At first I thought it was a gold ring,but now I'm thinking maybe it is copper??

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 669
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 714
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 707
Upvote 0
the marking of the c inside a circle is a copyright marking.
the number could be a molding number
it's probably a knock off of a name brand ring

Sniffer

Wow, I found a ring with a (C) marking, too. I took it and had it tested. It came back as 14K! If you look down Todays Finds for "My First Pretty Ring", you can see the picture and post. Take yours to a jeweler and have them test it, then let me know what you find. Mine was tested at a place that buys gold, so I am hoping they weren't trying to take advantage of me. Nice find!

Nice find! A ring is always a good one. Take it to a jeweler and ask them to test it--you might be surprised.

SKD

I had a 14k white gold ring that I found, the thing was rolling around in my vans ash tray for about 6 months, so today I was at some small local shops and had mine tested to see what it was worth....The guy behind one of the counters tested it, weighed it, then gave me $85. bucks for it right then and there.

who would have thought......To me?....the thing was just an ugly ring found at 4" on some hill at a local park, ....now its an insurance payment.

HH
Pro-

$85--that is great! The one I found (pictured above in earlier post) was only worth $20 at the Gold Exchange place. I thought that was piddly. If I can't find the owner, I will either keep it or find another place to sell it.

Nice looking ring! Any Day you find a Ring is a Good Day.

HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back