Found an Unknown Felix the Cat Film + Rare Old B/W Animation

vscience

Jun 23, 2012
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, I found an old reel with black and white film of "Felix the Cat" film. It is titled "Bobbed Tails". There are no credits. Just starts and ends with the cat action. I think it is one of the missing or previously unknown films because it is not listed anywhere. . ???
20190721_155621.jpg 20190721_154955.jpg 20190721_162235.jpg

Upvote 28
send the info to ha.com You could be Americas newest Millionaire Seriously send it to ha

cool!! keep us posted on what ya find out..

This find could well be very valuable ! In large part because of the fragile nature of the film - few if any others of these may have survived. How /where did you come by this remarkable find ? Do please keep us up to speed on what you find out about it !! Great Find .

Outstanding find, sure hope it's the long lost film! :occasion14:

Sounds very rare/valuable. Congratulations. Keep us updated.

Great find ! Hope its a film that everyone else is looking for. You could be sitting on a gold mine.

Congratulations on a neat and possible rare find. I am not sure of the date, but back in the early 20 or 30's Walt Disney created a cat to compete with Felix. The one from the Walt Disney Studio was called Julius the Cat and, if I remember correctly, was very similar ?

I remember felix the cat show can you put it on a video so we all can watch it lol Great find

Wow! Now that’s an incredible find! Congratulations!

Loved Felix cartoons!

I see the Online data bases on Felix movies keep listing this wrong title for "Bobbed tail" as "Bringing home the Bacon"
Described correctly though.

Watched "Bringing home the bacon" Has nothing to do with Bobbed tail plot.

Felix Brings Home the Bacon (July 15)
A girl cat spurns Felix for not having the latest style—a bobbed tail. Felix gets a bird to clip his tail short (by biting it) but then learns long tails are the rage again, so commits suicide by jumping off a cliff. He cancels his plans, though, to save a bug from a frog. The bug turns out to be a fairy who takes Felix to Fairyland. There Felix outwits a witch to help keep Mother Hubbard's cupboard full.

Sweet find. Hopefully you can find out more about it. Please keep us posted. :icon_thumleft:

I'm curious. Does the reel that vscience posted actually contain the entire episode as described by Molewacker?
I guess we couldn't really know unless the reel was ran on a projector.
That is super cool.

Running it on a projector "could" damage the film from the heat of the projector bulb. Care should be exercised with something like this which may be rare.

Be very careful with that reel. If it was made before the 1930s it is a highly combustible nitrate film.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back