What's new

Found another killer

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my new honey hole and after the latest rainfall I pulled this beauty out any help on an ID would be appreciated it's a shame on the one ear !!
 

Attachments

  • image-1726355564.webp
    image-1726355564.webp
    47.3 KB · Views: 204
  • image-2799221487.webp
    image-2799221487.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 191
  • image-2235071735.webp
    image-2235071735.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 181
  • image-3386906395.webp
    image-3386906395.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 0
Nice brother! You are in paleo paradise. I think that is a Clovis point. It looks a little wide for a Cumberland. I only know basics. Some of these other cats can get you close to an absolute ID.
 
What part of the country are you in? If you are in the SE, I would call it a reworked Suwannee. If out west, A Simpson/Clovis maybe?

Is the base ground?
 
I'm in middle tenn the I was thinking dalton greenbrier as I'm not far from greenbrier area where they first found but gosh being fluted on both sides idk
 
Yet another killer piece!It is a shame about the ear,but still man,'what a find'!I found one very similar not too long ago,so I know that cloud 9 feeling you must have,the only problem was I had to wake up.Look forward to seeing what else you find there.
 
Yet another killer piece!It is a shame about the ear,but still man,'what a find'!I found one very similar not too long ago,so I know that cloud 9 feeling you must have,the only problem was I had to wake up.Look forward to seeing what else you find there.
Thank you very much !!!!!!
 
Now that's a nice find rite there.
 
Your on a roll nice find it looks Paleo for sure .
 
Damn it man I hate you!
Nice!!!!
It looks Hazel ish
 
Last edited:
Thanks friends yes I am on a roll for sure but it always comes in sets of 3 and 4's then a long dry spell but I'm a happy camper the conditions have been perfect
 
Where I live that's dream stuff!! Tony
 
Where I live that's dream stuff!! Tony
It's dream stuff here as well . I don't let any broke ground slide without trying to look it over construction sites near streams creeks rivers should always be gone over if permission is granted I try to exhaust every chance I can you never know what might b in that dirt ;)
 
You are definitely on a roll! Stay on it!!
 
Three fluted points in a very short time span is out of sight. You won't be forgetting 2014 anytime soon!
 
Thank you very much !!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom