tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm digging out a place so mama can grow some Peony flowers. I found this brown cocoon on the ground in front of me on the dirt I was just about to drive the shovel into. It is alive as it's abdomen does move a little. I may have knocked it off the vines growing next to where I'm digging. Odd that when I found it I recalled a movie I saw back in the early 1990s

Attachments

• 20240415_162822.jpg
    20240415_162822.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240415_154611.jpg
    20240415_154611.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a pupae that was developing in the soil. Not sure of what will emerge though.
Ok, I'll put it back in the ground. Hopefully it'll develop all the way.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This reminds me we are about to be invaded by the cicadas. There are two different groups here. One comes out every 13 yrs, the other every 17 yrs. This is the first time since the 1800s that both groups will emerge the same yr. Weā€™ll be knee deep in cicadas sometime in May. The noise they make is incredible. You canā€™t go outside without ear protection. Thatā€™s the truth!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This reminds me we are about to be invaded by the cicadas. There are two different groups here. One comes out every 13 yrs, the other every 17 yrs. This is the first time since the 1800s that both groups will emerge the same yr. Weā€™ll be knee deep in cicadas sometime in May. The noise they make is incredible. You canā€™t go outside without ear protection. Thatā€™s the truth!
The birds will be well fed, and the other critters as the skunks, raccoons...
Great fertilizer for the garden as well.
Nature's way of giving a nutritional boost.
Time to break out the cicadas recipe book.šŸ˜‹

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were just talking about this on Colorado Public Radio this morning. Sounds like a major invasion all the way from Southern Wisconsin to Georgia.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread