What's new

Found at old civil war camp area.

civil_war22

Relic Recovery Specialist
Joined
Dec 5, 2008
Messages
3,257
Reaction score
2,815
Golden Thread
1
Location
NW Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE/LTD2, minelab Etrac, whites classic id, spectrum xlt, fisher f7, fisher 1266, king of all Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher 1280-X, minelab equinox, Fisher F75+ Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Am unsure what this is. It has warranted and proof I believe is what is says on back where the circle is. Thought maybe a tin type picture but figured I would post in what is it
 

Attachments

  • image-2911086214.webp
    image-2911086214.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 173
Are you sure the word is "and" and not "acid"? As in Warranted Acid Proof. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I dunno maybe the other word is etched off. What is it
 
Upvote 0
You are correct - Daguerreotype plate.

"warranted proof against time" is a common advertising phrase for them in the early 1850's.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I thought thats what it was but wasn't sure. I wish it still had photo on it:) u can see a few pieces of pic still on it
 
Upvote 0
There was a long thread on here about restoration of a dug daguerreotype a few years ago. You could just make out the ghost of an image on it. It was amazing to see the final result. See if you can find the thread.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Wonder what it would be under
 
Upvote 0
Awesome. I'm sad mine is too far gone
 
Upvote 0
we find them quite often and never have found one that could be restored
 
Upvote 0
Wish I could find more. It's hard to down here
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom