Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Found: Bertha's Sterling Silver Baby Spoon

I went back to where I found the 1826 Large cent. I was hoping to find some more old money; but, I didn't have any luck. I found the usual large assortment of junk. I checked all around where the porch had stood. All I picked up was a few new coins. I did dig up one 1946 Wheat penny, a Washington Dee Cee overall button, and a Zana-di pendant. I went around to where the back of the house was and hunted around an old tree. I got a good reading that sounded like a dime. At about 4 inches deep I pulled out Bertha's sterling silver baby spoon. I was told that a Harper family previously owned this property since around 1880. This spoon could possibly been Bertha Harper's. The spoon is marked Sterling and has Hallmarks, but I don't know what they mean.
Thanks for looking.
Dman

Attachments

• DSC00548.JPG
    DSC00548.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC00541.JPG
    DSC00541.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 309
Upvote 0
Re: Found: Bertha's Sterling Silver Baby Spoon

I don't know how I missed this one...Love the spoon and if it had Bertha on it, it probably belonged to that family. Looks like you found a nice place to hunt. Finally found me a place to hunt but it is gonna have be when the frost hits...Nice finds :thumbsup:

Silver's Silver Dman....Great find.!!!Any Next of Kin around to give you any info ?Weigh's more than a Merc. anyway ;D :thumbsup:

Congrats Dman !

Intresting Find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back