What's new

Found both peices!

outdoorfunblonde

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2014
Messages
329
Reaction score
446
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this larger piece last Wed, and the smaller point yesterday.
The fit is perfect, and the edges match exactly...same thickness...
somehow I lucked out to find the missing part.
This is the first point I've ever found myself... can anyone tell me anything about this??
I found this in Comal county, Texas. I am so excited to have this!
Thanks in advance for your help!

flints 001.webpWalk from #22- #23 001.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice job! Finding both pieces of an artifact is always very lucky especially if they were surface finds.I would say it was a preform that they were thinning down to make a point out of...mjm
 
Gotta love that when that happens!
 
This has happened to me quite a few times and to friends. I'll try to get some pics. together for a future post. Thanks for showing.
 
Nice Im still looking for all of the other halves. Never have I found 2 brokes that fit.
 
Good eye!! That almost never happens- but when it does, boy- what a nice surprise! :thumbsup: Yakker
 
Heres some i found. Most of these many years apart, all by surface hunting.
 

Attachments

  • Corner Notch.webp
    Corner Notch.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Blank.webp
    Blank.webp
    84.8 KB · Views: 120
  • Kirk.webp
    Kirk.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Rhyolite Blade.webp
    Rhyolite Blade.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Perkiomen.webp
    Perkiomen.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Blade.webp
    Blade.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Side Notch.webp
    Side Notch.webp
    94.4 KB · Views: 156
Here is another !
 

Attachments

  • stem.webp
    stem.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 125
ANOTHER ONE -broke 3/4 from base and found together in a corn field in a tractor track.
 

Attachments

  • MEADOWOOD.webp
    MEADOWOOD.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Heres 2 i pieced back together one on right both pieces found on same day one on left was 3 years apart.

ForumRunner_20150201_172850.webp



ForumRunner_20150201_172850.webp
 
WOW, some really awesome peices, guys!
Thanks for sharing! Nice to see
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom