What's new

Found Dalton broken point

Twitchson

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 24, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today, in a creek, I found part of a dalton arrow head point that is over 10k years old. We were walking in the creek, i found it in a side bank, and only saw the edge. pretty happy about this. Very nice and finely made and is fluted/thinned on both sides. thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4757.webp
    IMG_4757.webp
    404.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4758.webp
    IMG_4758.webp
    444.5 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
It was funny because we weren't even looking for rocks today. Sun was out so we were taking the dog out for a walk at a place we'd never been before. Trail ended up near a very small drainage, maybe ~10-12' bank to bank. Of course we hop in and explore a little. It's flint cobble from bank to bank. Twitchson asks if we might find an arrowhead and I say of course we might. He's probably 25 yards ahead and comes running back saying he found one! I was stoked. When I saw that it was an extremely well made Dalton I couldn't believe it. We'll have to head back when we have a little time to explore more. Lot's a area to hunt in the drainage.
 
Nice find , what a heart breaker ..... I’m jealous cause it’s a dalton and also cause iv yet to find a point sticking out of a bank
 
Killer. Great to find a new place to look.
 
Even broken it's still a good find!!
 
A beauty esp for us who never seem to find them.
 
That's really cool being that old I would be looking all over that area is your dog a pointer lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom