What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Found deep in colonial pit . Any ideas ?

Gregg3131

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
706
Reaction score
3,750
Golden Thread
4
Location
Va
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me what these are? Found deep in colonial pit. Lead back , possibly a rossette? Seems very decorative.
 

Attachments

  • 8639BF80-9A90-4933-952A-EE2086DEBD83.webp
    8639BF80-9A90-4933-952A-EE2086DEBD83.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 156
  • 4C1F3273-A0DE-474D-B731-AFAB60815922.webp
    4C1F3273-A0DE-474D-B731-AFAB60815922.webp
    853.8 KB · Views: 92
  • E42D7438-C2B7-4EB2-A95B-91CFD9DCCE31.webp
    E42D7438-C2B7-4EB2-A95B-91CFD9DCCE31.webp
    208 KB · Views: 93
  • E2CCD6BC-B5E4-4F0F-814E-EFF9415E7266.webp
    E2CCD6BC-B5E4-4F0F-814E-EFF9415E7266.webp
    948.4 KB · Views: 103
Interesting find there Gregg. Look a bit small for rosettes. Humongous cuff links. :laughing7: I have no idea but will be watching this post for an ID. Really is an unusual find.
 
Upvote 1
it could be a colonial coat button. Perhaps a dandy coat button. I have found buttons around that size on very old properties with shanks on other side. But nothing that ornate. They had money for sure. Very nice find.
added photos: small button about size of dime
large button was silver plated at one time.
 

Attachments

  • 305.webp
    305.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 306.webp
    306.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Upvote 1
I think bit bosses is a safe bet. Seems they were smaller in American colonial times. This etching is from 1733:

bridle bit boss.webp

I agree with O7. Given the relics you are finding, these people had some money.
 
Upvote 7
I think bit bosses is a safe bet. Seems they were smaller in American colonial times. This etching is from 1733:

View attachment 2007775
I agree with O7. Given the relics you are finding, these people had some money.
Totally agree
 
Upvote 0
yeap horse furniture
 
Upvote 1

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
556
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??
Replies
6
Views
719
Replies
6
Views
820

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom