What's new

Found Eagle

Relichunter1

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
272
Reaction score
287
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's been a while since I found this, but maybe someone can identify this pin. I was doing some nugget - hunting on my friends claim in the Sierras and found this eagle pin. Looks very old, could this be part of a military uniform?
 

Attachments

  • freds finds 013.webp
    freds finds 013.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 346
  • freds finds 014.webp
    freds finds 014.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 339
Hello Relic!I thought we pinned that one down?I think it was an 1840s hat pin?Hopefully someone will pipe up.Neat history to where that was found,and I am sure there was association :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
It doesn't look military to me mainly because it looks stamped. I remember all my military pins and insignias that large being fairly substantial heavy brass. But that is just my take and mostly guessing. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
It doesn't look military to me mainly because it looks stamped. I remember all my military pins and insignias that large being fairly substantial heavy brass. But that is just my take and mostly guessing. Monty

All of the 1840- Shako hat and Hardee hat pins I have seen are stamped
 
Upvote 0
I found this little blurb and photo ...
 

Attachments

  • eagle.webp
    eagle.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 0
Thanks Creskol,fits the provenance huh,Relic H.? :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Hey Kuger, yea I thought we did but I thought I'd give it another try, and I am glad I did. Creskol thanks for the picture, sure fits the era ! It always amazes me of the knowledge our forum members have. Thanks fellas, good hunting to you both.

R.C/ :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom