What's new

Found FAKE money and Thomas Jefferson!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
Joined
May 15, 2007
Messages
4,916
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well I wanted to go hunting tonight but Baldinboy was trying to use the excuse that his XLT was in Intensive Care and he didn't have a machine. So, knowing the only way I was going to hunt was to furnish BB with a machine, I grabbed a shoebox a frisbee, some PVC and a roll of Duct tape! In no time flat BB had a "machine" to hunt with! ::)

So we went back to the yard we hunted last week and started hunting. It took BB about 5 minutes to realize that the contraption I threw together wasn't finding anything so I dug out the Deleon for him to use.

I started out finding some junk aluminum and then another Silver Rosie, a 56. I found two last time I went hunting so I am doing ok with Silver. Then I found THREE pieces of the play money like I found last week!!! A 50 cent piece or half-buck, and two quarters. The cool thing is this play money is dated, the sad thing is one of the quarters is in BAD shape. :-\

BB was finding some stuff with the Deleon but he wanted to move around to the back yard. So I agreed. That's where I found the Purex lid, it still says 33 cents on it! Cool :thumbsup:

A few minutes later and BB was motioning for me to come see what he had found and I am ssoooooooooo glad I did. He found a really cool Copper arrow head necklace with an indian on it. I gave him some crap and started to walk away when the Beast growled "SILVER" at me! I told BB it was going to be a silver half and for a second that's what I thought I had. But it turned out to be the Thomas Jefferson Shell token!!!!!!!

I also found a 39 wheat and a winding of some kind.

Just then I felt the hair on my arms standing up and the temperature dropped about 10 degrees and the sky was dark black! It was a few seconds before the bright flash of lightning told me it was time to get the heck out of there. I told BB it was time to go but he just kept swinging the Deleon. I headed to the car and waited for him to get to the car. Just as he got back to the car it started to poor and the weather got really nasty!!! But we got out just in time.

Good thing BB got back when he did cause if he hadn't had my Deleon I would have left him there, lucky for him that he had the Deleon. Oh well we both had a good time and I can't wait for the next hunt.

Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • all.webp
    all.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 725
  • tjb.webp
    tjb.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 628
  • tj.webp
    tj.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 634
  • purex.webp
    purex.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 655
  • btold.webp
    btold.webp
    15 KB · Views: 629
  • 39.webp
    39.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 655
  • 56.webp
    56.webp
    10 KB · Views: 652
  • 50cb.webp
    50cb.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 657
  • 50c.webp
    50c.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 666
  • 25cbbb.webp
    25cbbb.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 669
  • 25b.webp
    25b.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 667
  • 25.webp
    25.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 664
Upvote 0
Re: Found FAKE money and Thoma Jefferson!

more
 

Attachments

  • windbot.webp
    windbot.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 631
  • wind.webp
    wind.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 626
  • wind2.webp
    wind2.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 638
Re: Found FAKE money and Thoma Jefferson!

Great finds It looks like you guys went and and had a great time and found some really great stuff ! :icon_sunny:
 
Re: Found FAKE money and Thoma Jefferson!

Larry, it's always good to see you two out hunting :D and glad to hear you struck silver. . . that's always nice!

(Oh, and when you wish for "coins", it pays to be more specific. . . ;D)

Take care,
watercolor
 
Re: Found FAKE money and Thoma Jefferson!

Hey I forgot to ask but the detector you loaned BB the 1st one is it goin to be a prize at CTHII?
 
Re: Found FAKE money and Thoma Jefferson!

You never know what I have up my sleeve Granny! ::)
 
Re: Found FAKE money and Thoma Jefferson!

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo I like suprises espically yours! ;D
 
Re: Found FAKE money and Thoma Jefferson!

Hey thats a nice Rosie for a little afternoon hunt! Good job MaesterEagle :icon_jokercolor: :wink:
 
Good thinkin' there ME. Just how long did you get to find the goodies, while BB was scratching around with the 'detector' ? :D

Looks like a great hunt to me! :thumbsup: That token is in nice condition too!

Congrats on all those finds! Nana :wink:
 
Very nice finds mastereagle22 and they are in excellent condition.

Good luck. :thumbsup:
 
Nana I guess it took him bout 5 or 6 minutes to realize that Nike doesn't make a metal detector! :wink: :D :D

crazy: Yeah the Purex cap is cool, I especially like that it still has the 33 marked on the top for how much it cost.

Ant: with the exception of the one quarter play money piece I agree, all good finds in good condition.
 
MaesterEagle,
One question-Was there any rust on that bleach bottle cap? Lol.
Super finds, and report.
Joe
 
My cable connection at my house will be down for a couple days due to the storm ME22 mentioned. I will try to get my things posted when it's back up and running. BTW....Mastereagle hid under the car when the thunder started rumbling. I had to poke him with a stick to get him out of the wheel well.

Baldingboy
 
Baldingboy said:
My cable connection at my house will be down for a couple days due to the storm ME22 mentioned. I will try to get my things posted when it's back up and running. BTW....Mastereagle hid under the car when the thunder started rumbling. I had to poke him with a stick to get him out of the wheel well.

Baldingboy
Knucklehead's :argue:.....You two need to have someone video one of your hunt's but not for the find's!!!Nice going ME.....look's like you got a little bit of everything.The dated play money is pretty cool.Congrat's and HH!!
 
Well BB it's not my fault that I'm 6'1 and you are only 5 foot nothin! Lightning hits tall objects not short, big round, bald ones...... ::) :wink: :D
 
Nice finds. Great dime & cent. I dug a Shell presidents token a few weeks ago, and all I got was Millard Fillmore (no joke)!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom