Found first eagle button how to clean it

Nice hunt. Beautiful shells. Great spur piece with intact rowel, and excellent artillery friction primers in the photo with the small stuff.

:thumbsup:

Don't worry about the shells. Just pay an expert to have them unloaded.

Regards,

Buckleboy

You have a button there with a very nice "Richmond" backmark....Can you get a better pic of the front of that button for me so that I can ID it for you :thumbsup:

second to last picture... upper right looks like 1/2 of a Snake buckle to me??? Can you post a better pick??

MonkeyBoy

Thats was my conclusion about the one pice part of a snake buckle. I did find 6 bullets as well that day.

Thanks everyone !

Hutch

Shells are dangerous. At my last local TH meeting, we were told of a story about a man who was cleaning a CW cannonball with a grinder. He had disarmed the shell, but apparently, some of the powder had become caked on the inside. Needless to say, the shell exploded in his lap, blew of his legs in his driveway, and killed him. A piece of the shell landed in someones house 1/4 mile away. Be VERY careful, as dropping them can be enough to set them off, depending on the fuse. Have a pro disarm them as soon as possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back