What's new

Found first silver commemorative

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
Found a 1982 George Washington 250th anniversary silver half. I had never heard of these before.

Also got 3- Walkers, 1-Franklin and 12- 40%ers.

Good Brinks box for a change.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
Congrats - been at it for 6 months, I have a couple '55s, but no commemoratives or 70's yet.
 
Fredness said:
Congrats - been at it for 6 months, I have a couple '55s, but no commemoratives or 70's yet.
Now your just braggin bout the '55's. Congrats on the Washington Jim. HH Mark
 
Nice one! Box like that would make my day. I Have not seen a Walker in ages. ffd
 
Nice find - how is the condition?

Maine_Jim
 
Thanks all for the comments!

I was lucky in my early days CRHing to have been able to find some nice AU 70D's, one really nice 55, silver bicentennials and some silver proofs, but never had a silver commemorative.

The George Washington I found has a beautiful mint luster and displays the "cartwheel effect", but does show some marks (light scratches) from the "coin rolling/counting process" I am guessing. Someone probably tore it out of the original mint packaging and ran it thru a counter at their bank.

I really want to find a Stone Mountain and Columbian Expo. Some of the very old state halves would be more incredible to me than any random barber, etc.


Jim
 
Nice...I found one last fall. Nice looking coin.
 
Jim,
Good box :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congrats on the Geo.Washington. Great looking coin ! I got one out of a box a few months ago, unfortunately it was in rough shape.
Now get some more :icon_sunny:
HH
Rich
 
Cool find, never even seen one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom