Found Gemstone

Roxy

Aug 10, 2008
Jackson NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 & DetectPro
Hi All

Haven't done much treasure hunting lately. Life got in the way.

Around Christmas time at a local Target store. My husband and I were walking past the shopping cart area. When I happen to look down. I saw something glittery on the floor. It took me a few seconds to process what I saw and walk back and pick it up.
What I picked looked like a standard cut diamond from an engagement ring. I picked it up and took it home. I showed some family members and get the following feedback, half say it real and the other half say its a CZ. I did look in the lost and found section of the local paper to see if anyone had lost such a stone, nothing listed as of yet. Will keep looking. Can anyone tell me how to find out if it is real or not. I don't really want to cut hole in any of my windows if you know what I mean. LOL
Well happy hunting to all.

Roxy

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
take it to your local jewelry store or pawn shop. they will usually chk it out for free. glad you are trying to find the owner. if it is real, they must be very upset. but then again, if no one claims it & it is real what are ya gonna do with it? chk out jewelry supply stores on line. you can find all sorts of settings for your treasure.

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at it with a good mag glass. Most diamonds have flaws (even the really good ones), czs don't. CZs also sparkle more than a diamond. Don't try to cut glass with it, this could actually damage the edges and devalue the diamond. If you think it is real ti wouldn't hurt to take to a jewelry store and have it checked out. I wouldn't trust a pawn shop or independent store with a loose stone because its too easy to switch under the guise of cleaning and hand you back a CZ and keep your diamond. But I'm very distrustfull of people ;D. All that being said Nice find :icon_thumright:. I have made several such finds. Some have been diamonds, most have been CZs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread