Found in a Football Field...What Are They?

How many people think these are Gong gi stones

• I'm sure they are

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could be, but need more info

• Don't think they are

• Undecided

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Hi Guys,

Two people who know about these things said the same thing and I was ready to post then I get an email from a third who said the other two are wrong. Crap. I think I should get the "disagreement" about what they are resolved soon. The problem is that nobody who says they know what they are can direct me to a company that will confirm the information. If I can't get confirmation in a few days, I'll just post what I have and we can go from there. The major problem with having people agree on their use is the strage mix of logos. From what I can gather, it is not netball (email from their home office) but they wouldn't say they were absolutely certain, just not familiar to the staff there. The logo does not appear in any NBA logo data base. My sources say it is just a generic basketball logo. Then it is the mix of the OFFICIAL trademarked Olympic logo, the OFFICIAL trademarked World Cup logo, and an authentic soccer logo. The people that say they know what they are and what they are used for cannot explain that part. So that's the piece still missing.

I don't want to guess on this, I want some confirmation. We've been at this long enough. So hang in there, I'll either get the people to "agree" or I'll just have to post what they will and will not confirm.

This has been fun. LOL

Daryl

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I agree 100% that they are netball related...

I think they are just some oddball thing.

I even considered they were "heads and tails" and used to decide starts... I just have no idea.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
I've been there as well as the Netball Association webpage and sent them emails. I can't find the logo of the ball player and the hoop anywhere on any of their sites. It does not appear to be their logo. One person who deals in sports logos said it was generic basketball logo that did not belong to any particular team or organization. That's part of my problem now. I keep getting conflicting information about things. Nobody can tie the Olympics, basketball/netball, world cup, and soccer together at any one place at any one time.

If you look at the sites that sell netball equipment, there is no logo even remotely like the one on these #%^@!*%^$ things.

I've still got hope my sources will come through but this one is TOUGH.

Daryl

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
BioProfessor said:
I've been there as well as the Netball Association webpage and sent them emails. I can't find the logo of the ball player and the hoop anywhere on any of their sites. It does not appear to be their logo. One person who deals in sports logos said it was generic basketball logo that did not belong to any particular team or organization. That's part of my problem now. I keep getting conflicting information about things. Nobody can tie the Olympics, basketball/netball, world cup, and soccer together at any one place at any one time.

If you look at the sites that sell netball equipment, there is no logo even remotely like the one on these #%^@!*%^$ things.

I've still got hope my sources will come through but this one is TOUGH.

Daryl

Daryl...

Breath.... LOL :D I envy your dedication! I just don't think you will find the "source" right away on these things... Netball is an international sport and in over 35 of the 50 states... events for decades, all over the world. I also have been researching this and looking at pictures till my eyes hurt.

My conclusion? Netball "yes". Source: "unknown". Logo: "non-standardized logos for each outfit".

They may well have been "premiums" that came with equipment? Or some simple trade item for kids in Europe and a few found there way to that field via Fiji?

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Would this help or be a clue as to what these are? There is a cement slab about 5' square with lines like the ones I drew coming out from it.

Attachments

• FIELD.jpg
    FIELD.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 10,632

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
I'm breathing. Not sleeping though. It's 4:30am and I'm still looking at logos. You would think the world headquarters of a sport would know if a logo belonged to one of their teams. And the image seems to be male and most of the netball players are female. I can't find a new netball that matches the design. I see the one listed above and I think we need to know when and where on that one because it does seem to match. That may give us an age and "crack" the case. My sources are now 3 to 2 against knowing what they are used for. Not even touching what they represent. I though I was THIS close and now things are falling apart. I got an email a few hours ago from a person who has been making things like this for 25 years and he has never seen one like it. Now that's encouragement.

Still on the case.

Daryl

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
piggman1 said:
Would this help or be a clue as to what these are? There is a cement slab about 5' square with lines like the ones I drew coming out from it.

Netball courts are 100 ft by 50 ft... a little larger than a basketball court I think.

Those rings are like stadium seating? I dunno....

Daryl - God Bless you for your dogged determination!

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
The rings are chalk on the ground that get bigger as they go out from the cement slab. Kind of a funnel shape design. I drew them in because they are no longer there. I'm trying to get a true picture of the court.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Could be shotput. Does the concrete slab have a short wall at all around any part of it?

Daryl

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
So much for shot put, etc:

The discus, hammer and shot-put pads are all required to be 10 ft x 10 ft in size.

Whoopeee!!

Daryl

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
What kind of sport uses the layout of the one shown in the link I posted? I'm not a sports nut and am ignorant to such things.

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
As soon as I finish this field I am hunting now, I'm going back to that one and try and find some more. Maybe that will help.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
You go back to that field and find some more weird crap, we may have to hunt you down and run over your detector, flatten you tires in your truck, take your hat away, and stake you out in your yard. For your own protection of course. ;D

STAY AWAY FROM THE FIELD!!

Daryl

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Been tried, I allways seem to come back. I'm about to run over my detector myself if the meter doen't quit blacking out in the direct sunlight. I made a whole different design of cover tonight to test out tomorrow. I am trying my best not to have to send it in for repair. I am trying to get a water detector instead of paying for repairs. Tomorrow will tell. The Redneck meter cover was a failure. I had to cancel all those orders for them I received. :D :D

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
I've been looking at every kind of sports field layout I can find info on, and still can't find one that looks like this. I know that someone knows this layout because there are many of them around here. The problem is I never see anyone playing, or laying out the chalk lines.
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...t=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=8921339&encType=1
Like I said, I am no sports guy and totally ignorant of this.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
I think these things are evil. They need to be wrapped in lead foil along with that 15 count one-turn sprockety thing and placed in a pickle jar and buried deeper than the deepest detector can go. Covered with some clay and sand. Put a concrete pad over it, build a nuclear storage building on top and cover the entire thing in about 2 foot of hard tar. ???

Daryl

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
I just did a bench test on them and all 3 read different, One was a sold 71 like a penny, one was a solid 78 in the penny/dime range, and the third was a solid 82 dime/quarter range. I double checked this several times and it didn't change. I would have thought they all would have read about the same. I was hoping to try out the "learn" program on my detector, but I guess that won't be too effective now. I'm going back to hopefully find more.

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Piggman1......Did you try testing them all on the same face......the one with the guy going for the dunk ? If you were checking faces with different designs, maybe this caused different amounts of eddy currents to be produced, resulting in differing conductivity readings. I'm basing this on the fact that if you had two metal discs that were identical in size, one was smooth, the other had been thoroughly stippled, the stippled disc would have more actual surface for eddy current production. On the other hand, maybe the amount of eddy currents produced has absolutely nothing to do with the conductivity. I'm not that knowledgeable on how metal detector electronics analyze the various data coming from the coil.

Todd :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread