lookin4loststuff
Greenie
I found this item on a "private" dirt road bordering a cotton field about ten years ago. The road had recently been plowed so the item was laying on the surface. The item measures about 3-3/4" by 3-1/2" at the widest points and is 1/8" thick. It is metal, I'm thinking iron.....on the back of the item i can see faint grooves where the picture was hammered into the metal. To me the front side looks to have a headband, possible helmet on top portion. Below that are two eyes and what appear to me as being gear cogs or possibly stylized sun rays. Interesting to me is the center piece that looks kinda like a Nordic nose guard. I have had the item looked at by a museum curator. He thought the item was very odd considering where it was found. The first pic is the item next to a ruler for size clarity and the second pic is with a casting made by the curator for study purposes. I may post new pics with better clarity if these don't show as much detail........please ask for more if you need em. This is my first try at figuring out what the item is and my first post on Tnet. Thanks....









