What's new

found in ALGERIA???

ilyes1113

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
290
Reaction score
232
Golden Thread
2
Location
constantina
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
cscope x3.fisher f5.garrett2500+eagle aye.ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i learn that these coines are treasures of caraibian pirates.
i think that what i found are treasur of the famous pirates barbarousse brothers.
 

Attachments

  • 1715.webp
    1715.webp
    239.3 KB · Views: 900
A lot of sharp edges on 'worn' coins--and one perfect pentagon-shaped (cob) coin raises the 'caution' hairs on the back of my neck.
Don.......
 
I wouldn't be too concerned :icon_jokercolor:
Nice lot of them............

Trez
 
Ilyes1113 Nice :thumbsup:You said you found them ? how many ?
If Trez said there good, there good !
Ossy
 
MORE AND BEYOND OSSY,

I didn't quite say they were good or authentic, but I'll take 'em of your hands if you want. I just didn't see anything that would make me worry at first glance at them.
(and Don (Macky) one perfect pentagon-shaped (cob) coin - (most probably Spanish)
They look pretty good to me (damn good)...and a nice photo.

What's the story behind them? If you have this many you definately have a story to go with them.

Do you wanna trade some cobs? I like the OML and the Pentagon cob, would you be interested to trade?

Trez
 
thanks for all.i whill send the 20 coins to USA. to sell them..are there any estimation of price.
ore proposition from bayers..if it is legual
 
would like to hear story.
 
this whas my firsth post in spanish cobs forum
this is some other picters from those 20 coins
 

Attachments

  • span5.6.7++.webp
    span5.6.7++.webp
    9 KB · Views: 354
  • span8.9.10.11--.webp
    span8.9.10.11--.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 359
  • span12.13.14.15.16++.webp
    span12.13.14.15.16++.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 373
  • span17.18.19.20--.webp
    span17.18.19.20--.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 361
  • span1.20--.webp
    span1.20--.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 359
  • span1.2++.webp
    span1.2++.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 381
  • span1.2--.webp
    span1.2--.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 368
  • span12.13.14.15--.webp
    span12.13.14.15--.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 357
  • span8.9.10.11--.webp
    span8.9.10.11--.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 354
  • span5.6.7++.webp
    span5.6.7++.webp
    9 KB · Views: 353
  • span1.20++.webp
    span1.20++.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 366
  • span3.4--.webp
    span3.4--.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 357
  • span3.4++.webp
    span3.4++.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 359
  • span5.6.7--.webp
    span5.6.7--.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 359
  • span17.18.19.20--.webp
    span17.18.19.20--.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 358
  • span12.13.14.15.16++.webp
    span12.13.14.15.16++.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 372
the last5
 

Attachments

  • span17.18.19.20++.webp
    span17.18.19.20++.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 353
  • span17.18.19.20++.webp
    span17.18.19.20++.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 349
The very first picture in this thread......are they the actual coins found in Algeria? Is so, why is the photo name 1715????? :icon_scratch:

Did I mis-read? Have I had too much rum?
 
mad4wrecks said:
The very first picture in this thread......are they the actual coins found in Algeria? Is so, why is the photo name 1715????? :icon_scratch:

Did I mis-read? Have I had too much rum?
no .man .at that time i havn't any adea of those cobs -never seen before .no example found in any arabic contry .
i read only one article in which a picter of semilar coins .he talked about carabeen pirats !!!! :icon_pirat:
now in this forum i know many informations about those cobs :icon_thumleft:
 
Beautiful cobs ilyes. Were you able to get a date off off of any of them? I think the pirates you speak of were from the 1500's. The date will be on the shield side. Maybe someone here can date them for you by the shield type.
 
only on one we can read oml 16..
but i found one alone .i think that it was earlier (in 2nd pic)
 

Attachments

  • 1715.webp
    1715.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 304
  • cob2.webp
    cob2.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 317
  • cob.webp
    cob.webp
    5 KB · Views: 319
  • cob.webp
    cob.webp
    5 KB · Views: 313
  • cob2.webp
    cob2.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 318
  • 1715.webp
    1715.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 295
Ilyes, that top one is a 2 reale coin from Mexico. Assayer "L" was Martin Lopez (served 1677-1705). Since we know the first two numbers, the third would be either a 7, 8, or 9. I believe it is a 9 from the look of it, so you have a 169X. It probably weights around 6.5 grams.

Stan
 
ilyes1113 said:
only on one we can read oml 16..
but i found one alone .i think that it was earlier (in 2nd pic)
Post some more pics and Stan will date them for you.
 
this 2 cobs =3.5 grams each (the one whith oml)
the bigger in the 20th = 24 grames
the one that i found a lone .which i think that is earlier =16grames (the cross(+) is not like the others & in revers like a tawn a moon & royal corona :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • 0000001-21.webp
    0000001-21.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 294
  • span1.20++.webp
    span1.20++.webp
    5.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 0000001-20.webp
    0000001-20.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 263
ilyes1113,

Hello again...
I remember asking you if you were interested in trading for that OML 169?...and Pentagon shaped one.
I am still interested, I found a mexico 1698 1 escudo and would love it's silver "sister" to go with it.
Let me know if you want to do something....we could work this out.

Again, great pics.
Best of everything...

Trez
 
hello.trez ;happy to see you .send me pm
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom